“Only one month more for best pizza in the city”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Caribbean, Greek, Pizza
Neighbourhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Neighbourhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We have enjoyed Julianna’s for more than 40 years through the Greek, Vietnamese and the present owners. We think this is the best pizza in the city and it hasn’t changed in all that time. Sad to say Julianna has been sold and will be closing at the end of May. Unlikely that the new owners will maintain the menu. It has been a great ride.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Juliana is located on Ellice Avenue in the West End area – kind of out of the way for the average traveller. It is one of those ‘hole in the wall’ restaurants that I love and are to be found all over Winnipeg. The place is run by an older couple.
She is the cook, he is the front end. More on that later.
The food is to die for. The menu is an eclectic Italian, Jamaican, Greek amalgam. Not fusion, just assortment. Pick anything – you will be blown away. Pizzas are a speciality, but I can get pizza anywhere. Rotis, Jerk, and Oxtail – OMG the Oxtail – are my stopping points. My partner loves the Pitas. We both rate the Caesar Salad as one of the best in town, even with commercial croutons. Portions are good, prices are good value. And that is a point where you take a step back and try to figure out what is going on.
The man runs the front end. As others have pointed out he gets the food on the table and retires to the back room where CNN and not reggae becomes the sound track to the restaurant. He will return to collect payment when you leave. There is no offer to box, or for that matter to refill water. If you want service – catch the cook’s eye or go and ask for it. I know that is an oxymoron. But that is the price you will pay for some of the best food in Winnipeg.
Will I go back – inevitably. Will I recommend it – yes with provision. Go for the food. Accept the lack of service. You will not be disappointed in the former.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Had not been here in almost 30 years. I will not ever return. Unpleasant service and food was not good. I had a better pita at the mall. Chicken fingers looked like milk bone biscuits.
Washroom wasn't functioning and neither was their card machine.
Maybe I should of tried the pizza and stayed in my hotel room.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

This place has is as good as it gets! Their chicken jerk pizza is incredible! You must try it today!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

After seeing this place ranked 2nd in the city for the best pizza in the Metro, I figured I would give it a try. I ordered a jerk chicken pizza and it was UNREAL! By far the best pizza I have ever had in Winnipeg(yes...even better than Santa Lucia). I'll admit, the service at this restaurant isn't the best but honestly...who cares. The delicious pizza makes up for it. It's also fairly inexpensive. I would definitely recommend everyone try this place.