“Worst Hotel You'll Experience”

Winnipeg Thriftlodge
Ranked #60 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Canada
“Worst Hotel You'll Experience”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

The service is very poor. The front desk is very rude especially the Asian guy who is assign to work. The place is messy. Rooms smells like [--] . If you wanna go in Winnipeg, don't ever try to put this Hotel in your mind cause you would be disappointed that this kind of hotel still exist in Canada. Some lights are not working at all. Even if you first get inside the hotel, you could smell like pee in the entrance area. No shampoo in the washroom.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RoxanneJ_04

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2010

All I can say is 'stay away' from this property if you expect any kind of customer service.

Stayed June 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Winnipeg hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2010

We went to this hotel not knowing what to expect, it used to be a great place when we were in college back in the 70's .
We saw the sign that they just put in a waterpark so we thought we would give it a try for our grandson's birthday party.
We were totally amazed at the waterpark and how clean the hotel was. From the moment we walked in we felt welcomed and made to feel very important.
The pool area has 2 great slides , that not only the young children enjoyed but our adult children and even us the grandparents had too much fun.
The pool was warm enough for my 3 month old niece and yes the kiddie pool and umbrella were great. The hottubs were wonderful and everything ,clean clean clean.

Then we used the party room that fit all 45 of us to have pizza and drinks. They even have it decorated so you don't need to bring anything in.
The food in the restaurant was a great variety and also had a buffet if you wanted that.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

I have already recommended this place to many of my friends and relatives for future parties.
Thanks Mary and staff for making this such a great birthday for our grandson.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
winnipeg
Reviewed 12 March 2010

Got in at the hotel at a late time. The front desk was helpful. Rooms were clean and had a blast inside the waterpark, the slides were awesome!!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Winnipeg
Reviewed 4 February 2010

I booked a room in advance for my sons 14th birthday party. When I got to the hotel, I thought the desk clerk was acting very standoffish but I went to the room anyway. I did inform the clerk that it was a kids party and we would pay extra for guests to swim. When I got to the room, it smelled very strong of human pee. My nephew showed up with his 3 kids and they could smell it too. I bent down and smelled the bedding and it smelled just like a diaper full of pee. I went to the desk and politely asked if we could change rooms or have the room cleanded. He notified the room cleaner and she went to the room and told my guests to get out. When I showed up at the room she wasn't there and my guests were standing in the hallway. I went to look for her and when I found her she said to me " you can go now, we don't have a room for you so just go". I was stunned! I went to the desk and the clerk said that we could leave or wait for the manager but he didn't know when the manager would be back. I couldn't believe it. We left and found a much better hotel and we will never go there again. DUMP and rude people working there to boot.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Winnipeg hotels
Downtown Winnipeg
Canad Inns Polo Park
#50 of 63 in Winnipeg
Econo Lodge Winnipeg South
#40 of 63 in Winnipeg

Been to Winnipeg Thriftlodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Winnipeg Thriftlodge

Property: Winnipeg Thriftlodge
Address: 1400 Notre Dame Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 3G5, Canada
Region: Canada > Manitoba > Winnipeg
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
#8 Casino Hotel in Winnipeg
Price range (per night): $91 - $177
Hotel Class:2 star — Winnipeg Thriftlodge 2*
Great people. Nice rooms. Affordable rates. We offer rooms with 1 queen size bed or 2 double size beds. Close to many attractions and shopping centers. Our indoor water park is a family favorite, also available for birthday parties, with water slides, and hot tubs, and sauna. Our cafe/restaurant is great for coffee, or a completely delicious dinner. Also, the bar and lounge offer great entertainment. We look forward to seeing you ! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Winnipeg Thriftlodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Thriftlodge Winnipeg Hotel Winnipeg