“Excellent guided tour”

La Maison Gabrielle-Roy
Ranked #70 of 207 things to do in Winnipeg
Reviewed 2 August 2016

Bilingual tour guides who are very excited and interested in the site and history. Lovely gift shop with new and used books

Reviewed 26 July 2016

With the limited resources available, I was deeply moved by the care and attention given to this amazing writer from this part of the world. The staff were knowledgeable and allowed us to roam as the displays speak for themselves.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

This is a beautiful little house, well staged to represent the era when it was lived in from the furniture to the little touches like ladies clothing arranged around the various rooms.

Reviewed 20 August 2015

This museum is actually a very large home at 375 Deschambault
in St. Boniface. It reminds me of Manitoba's own Anne of Green Gables because it mirrors Gabrielle's experiences as their family made it's way through the poor times and not so poor times in this oasis called St. Boniface. Everyone should visit Gabrielle's home as it speaks to you as you walk around and see the environment that inspired her Stree of Riches and many other books.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 July 2015

Had always wanted to see the home I had read about in Street of Riches and even after it had become a museum and open to the public it took several years. Gabrielle Roy has been one of my favourite authors for years since I first saw in the mid eighties the movie Tramp at the Door and I went on a reading binge reading everything she had ever written.
The house has been restored to what it would have been like in her childhood and the guides have been well briefed and were quite informative throughout the home. In the different rooms there is also excerpts from her writings and photos so after the guided tour I still spent another hour in the home on my own. Even if you had never read any of her stories or books I still think that the tour would be interesting especially with the guide that I had.