All reviews front desk staff portage place close to the hotel mts centre legislative building within walking distance decent size stayed here for nights short drive parking garage would definitely stay here again comfortable stay jets game enjoyed my stay bed was very comfortable hot tub university
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I stayed here for 3 nights and loved the location as it was right in downtown area and I could walk out for shopping or food. The staff was very cordial and friendly. Being a vegetarian I did not find a lot of choices in terms of in-room dining. The sunset from my 24th floor room was breath taking. However I could constantly hear noises in the lobby which was disturbing

Room Tip: Ask for west facing rooms as east facing get very bright over the day
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Kyne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you for commenting on your stay. We are unsure of the mention of the 24th floor as we only have 11 floors and the lobby is on the main level so not sure in regards to the noise but we are happy you had a chance to enjoy the convienece of local shopping and the view from our hotel. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 31 October 2017

towels were like sandpaper, Cleaning staff knocking on the door early in the morning to clean. When told her I was busy, wanted an time when she could come in...did't realize I now have to report to cleaning staff!!! When complained to the front desk, they said they will talk to them. Parking was a process as you have to take a hallway out of the hotel and take another elevator. There are steps to get into the hotel from the hallway...no ramp.

Room Tip: pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Hi howardb771,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. While we are pleased with your kind regards toward our location serving its purpose for your travel needs, it is regrettable that the level of service rendered by our hotel staff members may have fallen below your expectations. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured, we take our guest's comments very seriously and always strive to provide a wonderful stay. I have faith in our hotel that they will continue to do their best to improve our amenities and services.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Alvin M.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 October 2017

When I was told I was booked into the Holiday Inn, I was like really. As it turned out it was a lovely hotel. The room was a good size with a very comfortable bed and pillows for a good night sleep. The hotel has a swimming pool, an exercise room, a restaurant/pub and is connected to Starbucks by a tunnel. It is within walking distance to most everything downtown. There are many restaurants in the area. I will stay here again on my next visit.

Stayed: August 2017

Thank you. It was a great pleasure to read your kind review about our hotel and staff. It is very gratifying to hear that we were able to make your experience here in Winnipeg a great one and is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, that our location was well suited to your needs. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown

Reviewed 14 September 2017

My family and I booked 3 rooms during September long. All great rooms! Very nice and well-maintained. Kids had fun in the pool. Adults enjoyed the hot tub. Staff were super friendly. Would love to spend another "staycation" here.

Room Tip: 11th floor has a fantastic view up Osborne to the Legislative Building and Golden Boy
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Princess_Gwenie
Kyne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

As we were travelling across the country to move, we stopped here. We had previously stopped at a Holiday inn in Wisconsin and thought there would be consistency. We stayed multiple nights. When calling and booking the reservation I informed them of my service dog to which I was told it was no issue. When I got to the desk the lady was very rude, said it was not in the booking notes (where the telephone representative said she would note it) and took half hour acting like it was an inconvenience while she looked up their pet policy. I had all of her identification and her vest and photo ID, including her certificate. I was charged 200 dollars plus tax (more than I'd paid for one night) for my nationally registered service dog to sleep in my room. No other hotel during that or any trip charged me. The malls and restaurants and stores in Winnipeg did not hassle me or act like it was an inconvenience. I will never stay at a Holiday inn or recommend a Holiday inn to anyone. I will spend my 200 dollars getting a nicer room at a marriott or any other hotel that does not charge and give hassle for my service dog.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jasmine EM T
Kyne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in regards to your stay in September of 2016. In reviewing our records, we did find your reservation from last year and do apologize that you were charged a one-time fee of $25.00 as a pet cleaning fee as our hotel is a pet free hotel as stated on our websites. We use feedback like this to ensure our staff are trained correctly in regards to service animals and have since trained all staff on the process. I apologize that the agent was rude during your check in. The agent you are referring to does not work here and hasn’t for quite some time, based on whom checked you in. I hope this experience doesn’t deter you from staying at another Holiday Inn as this experience was not the normal for our or any property.