All reviews city pub virtual golf beer store parking lot is yogurt close to downtown continental breakfast cleaning staff king room downtown winnipeg billiards vlts canada forks
Reviewed 26 August 2018

The hotel was a little difficult to get to, our fist room had a couple in it. Because we used hotwire we couldn't do anything other than be given another room with an apology. The room was clean and comfortable, Breakfast was the best of our trip.

Room tip: Becareful going to your room there might be someone already in it.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guest S, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear Shaun M.,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel!

We are thrilled to hear that the room you stayed in was comfortable and that you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast!

We were very sorry to hear about your most recent experience with us, and on behalf of our entire team, we would like to offer our sincerest apologies. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a higher quality of service.

Siamack Tehrani
Manager
Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Had a suite with a queen size bed and small kitchenette for 6 nights. We chose this hotel because it was within reasonable walking distance of the PanAm pool and had a kitchenette so we could cook our meals. The location was ok for us, but its far from downtown if thats what you're interested in.

The building overall was clean. The main floor has the lobby, a thai restaurant and a bar (Winn city pub). The other floors have rooms on them. Everything looks clean to us.

Check in and out was quick and everybody was polite.

The suite was divided in two parts, the living room and bedroom, but there was no door separating them, just a doorway. The kitchen is basically a small counter, a toaster oven, a microwave, two stove burners and a small fridge. That was ok for our needs, but there was barely enough space for us to eat (at the counter). No table.

The mattress was comfortable, but the sheets were not. They were so old that they had small lint balls all over them, which made them rough. The AC unit is about 20 inches from the side of the bed, so it can be cold for the person sleeping on that side. They really should replace the sheets and put deflectors on the AC unit. There are 2 AC units, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. Both worked fine if you left them on "auto" mode, but stopped working if you put them in any other mode.

The bathroom had the basics, nothing fancy. The shower curtain rod is curved, so the shower curtain keeps sliding down, which then allows water on the floor. Water pressure and temperature were good. The fan did not work at all.

The Thai restaurant is great. Good food, large portions, good service, and very reasonable prices. Thats also where breakfast is, which is a warm continental breakfast (eggs, bacon, pancakes, waffles, etc..). Breakfast was good.

The bar in on the lobby floor is more than your typical hotel bar. Its a full blown pub with pool tables, video lottery machines, dart boards, etc... That might be appealing for some, but not for us. On two occasions when we returned around 19:00 the bar was so loud you could hear it clearly from the lobby, and on one occasion the desk clerk had to scream at some customers to return to the bar when they had decided to continue their fun in the lobby.

All of the above was disappointing enough, but not terribly bad. Had that been it I would have probably given it a 3 star.

The problem came on the Friday night around 2:00 AM when my wife and I were awoken to people fighting in the lobby. They were screaming, pushing against walls, slamming doors, etc.. Around 5:00 AM the noise stopped and we could finally get some sleep. When we got up at 7:00 to go for breakfast we opened our door to see the room directly across from us guarded by two armed police. They were sitting outside of the room to prevent anybody from going in. I dont know what happened and dont care. When I voiced my concerns with the front desk clerk, all she could say was "sorry" and that there had been an altercation. There were two armed policeman in front of that door all day and still there when we went to bed that Saturday night. Sunday morning they were gone. I know thats not the hotel's fault, but they did nothing at all to make it up to us.

I wont be returning.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JonnyCanuck99
Guest S, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear JonnyCanuck99,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. It is a pleasure to announce that we will be implementing many of these upgrades to the property within the next couple of months.
Our rooms will be getting new mattresses, bed skirts, window treatments, carpeting, in-room accessories, and much more! In taking great care of our hotel, our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere.
We do apologize greatly for the incident which took place on Friday night of your stay. Our staff reacted quickly to an escalating incident and police responded within 10 minutes of the call. We apologize for the noise of the response, we were working with the authorities to ensure a safe environment for all of our guests.
I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to us directly at the hotel if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved hotel!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

The staff seemed friendly and the other aspects of the room seemed clean, but don't stay there is you have ANY scent sensitivities. The over-riding concern was that we expected, because of being advertised as a non-smoking hotel, that the room would not be SATURATED with smoke smell. Both of us have allergies, so did not fare very well in that environment, hugely compounded by a non-opening window, which could have allowed us to air out the room, and sleep with an open window. I will never stay there again as neither of us was feeling very well by the end of the second night. The hallway and the lobby were also saturated with old-smoke smell. The other (less significant, but odd) thing was that the room that we booked and were confirmed for was not the room we were given. The front desk person found us a different set-up that still worked fine for us in this circumstance, but our 'confirmed' type of room/bed set-up was not the room that she tried to give us upon arrival, and apparently the one for which I had an email confirmation, was no longer available.

Date of stay: July 2018
Guest S, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Please know that beginning late this year and moving on through 2019 we will be undergoing an extensive renovation of all of our hotel rooms. We will be changing all of our rooms to ensure a maximum level of guest comfort while delivering modern amenities. Please contact me personally in the future if you like and I will work make sure your next stay here at the Quality Inn & Suites is a more enjoyable one.

David Northam
Manager
Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 3 July 2018

This is my second stay at this hotel the first being 4 years ago. Overall very happy. Bathroom needed a bit of an update. Beds comfy and towels good. They have remodeled the bar attached and it now has 4 pool tables. There is also a Thai restaurant that delivers to the attached bar which was excellent. This is where the breakfst bar is located. Small detail but there was only margarine and no butter available.

Ps I am unable to select anything on the hotel review at the bottom using my iPad. Tapping way and nothing happens so cannot rate but would give each 5 stars

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2018

I just spent 6 nights at this hotel. It suited my needs perfectly. It's within walking distance from downtown (about 30 minutes) and on several bus routes. It's also very close to several restaurants and a liquor store. The things I liked best about it were the friendly staff and the excellent breakfast room (they had waffles, pancakes, bacon, muffins, english muffins, bagels, cereal, fruit, yogurt and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few other things). My only complaint was that I found it hard to get onto the wifi on my laptop in my room. I didn't say anything at the time because I thought it might be my computer (my phone had no problems). But I'm having no problems connecting to the internet with my laptop where I am now, so it was definitely not my computer. That said, I would absolutely consider staying here again if I return to Winnipeg in the future.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
QualityInnWinnipeg, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear somegalfromcan

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our location.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us. Our staff will be glad to hear that you appreciated all of their hard work to make your stay enjoyable.

We are sorry to hear that you had an issue with the Wi-Fi on your laptop. Please let us know if you are still having this issue during your next stay with us, so that we can work with you to get the issue resolved. We do also have a 24 hour tech support line for our Wi-Fi. The number can be found in the guest directory in all of our rooms.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Winnipeg.

Keith McLandress