All reviews tavern united dinner theater tropical theme fort garry hot tub bedroom suite great pool area lots of parking check in was a breeze kiddie pool home away from home hotel staff we've stayed playmakers altos stadium remote
Reviewed 6 November 2017

We found the check-in desk to be very good. We were able to get into our room early to watch the Bomber game on TV. The TV was NOT high definition so found that not so great. Went to Celebrations dinner theatre which was excellent. Breakfast next morning of coffee and toast took FOREVER! Check-out was good. Rooms were clean. Room was very quiet.

Room Tip: We were on the north side in an odd numbered room. WAs very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Dawn P, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Hi MbManny

Thank you for your review of our property on Tripadviosr.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and especially that you had a chance to enjoy our Celebrations dinner theatre.

We look forward to having you as our guests again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I am from BC and we do not have any Canad Inns. This place was picked because they are close to the new stadium and I was going to a BC Lions/Winnipeg Bomber football game. If you like friendly service, clean rooms and a location that has everything in one place - then this is for you. The hotel has a great buffet-style restaurant, a sports pub, a dinner theatre experience and a cold beer and wine store. There is even a waterslide and pool for the kiddies! The rate was more than fare and the staff were very helpful and HAPPY. Nice to see emplyees that actually like their job. Bonus for me was a free shuttle to and from the game...and even though I was a BC Lion fan, they still let me on the bus! My only complaint is that you cannot rent movies and they do not have Shaw On Demand either.

Room Tip: The rooms closer to/overlooking the pool are a little noisy in the morning as the pool opens at 9:00am.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Autumn Rayne H, Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear Shawna V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry. We are thrilled to see you enjoyed your visit. Our team takes great pride in exceeding guests' expectations and appreciate your kind words.
We hope to see you again soon, when your travels bring you back to Winnipeg!

Autumn Rayne Hunter
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 23 October 2017

2 of my colleagues and I were at this hotel for one night (Friday&Saturday) this past weekend. Our company had even booked the largest banquet hall for our event on Saturday morning.

At check in on Friday afternoon we asked for all our rooms to be closer to the banquet hall- which was flatly refused as the hotel was "fully booked" it seemed like the manager Ashley didn't want to even check if the location of closer rooms were a possibility.. and inconveniently placed us in room 124 which felt the most further from the banquet hall.
We have also concluded that this hotel probably had unemployed volunteers working for them as no one really cares about doing their job.. they are just a bunch of lazy arrogant people!
When we approached the theater staff for info on the play and dinner deal.. we got a very lazy reply -asking us to read brochure for any info or look online!
Another issue ordering meals especially breakfast was a disaster- coffee took longer than 15 minutes to be served.. and this was a TAKEAWAY!
the staff didn't seem to know what they were doing at the restaurant and were heard squabbling among themselves!
We tried ordered breakfast at 9am on Saturday morning , but then walked away when one of the buffet cook rolled her eyes when we asked for an omelet at the breakfast buffet.
reception staff Mandeep was very unhelpful when we requested for a late check out in-spite of the fact that we had a ballroom booking until 12:30 pm that afternoon at the same hotel. Never coming back to this place again!!

Room Tip: all rooms -especially double rooms feel like well dressed small prison cells! with dull lighting
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Dawn P, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Hi Candi and Lez

Thank you for putting your review of our property on Tripadvisor and giving me the opportunity to respond.
I understand that our Front Desk Manager Autumn did show you another room as an option which you declined and you are right-we were a full hotel so unfortunately had limited extra options. Due to being full the next day we also could not accommodate your late check out. I do sincerely apologize as we would normally give a late check out complimentary if we had it available.
We normally receive rave reviews about our employees, some from the same group you were with and we will have to agree to disagree with the description of lazy and arrogant as I see every day employees that go above and beyond.
Hopefully you had an opportunity to enjoy our Celebrations dinner theatre while you were here.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Attempted to book into our group of rooms reserved for our family members while attending an event at Celebrations on Thanksgiving weekend. We were informed the rooms weren't available as the previous clients hadn't checked out and this was at 3:30 pm. We were offered a free drink in the Tavern while we waited as well as free breakfast for our inconvenience. Service here was very slow! Our grandchildren were excited about swimming in the pool but had no places to change. We had hoped to change and put things away in our room and visit with family prior to going to celebrations but that didn't happen until about 6 PM when we were told our rooms were finally ready! We quickly changed and met our guests at the dinner theatre. The dinner Theatre was wonderful and no issues here. The next morning we went to have our breakfast to find the Altos restaurant was short staffed. Our waitress was one who was brought in from the tavern staff so not familiar with the menu etc. We rdered from the menu but took forever to get it and it wasn't what we had ordered. Our daughter and family didn't get their orders without asking passing servers to see if they were ready. They never received their correct beverages. Tables weren't getting cleared and reset. Very dissatisfied.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Dawn P, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Hi Valerie

Thank you for your review of our property on Tripadvisor.
I was disappointed to hear of your experience. There were a few items beyond our control but your breakfast at Aaltos was one that was within.
I would like to call you and personally discuss further so that I can ensure I capture all and correct immediately.
My email is dpilcher@canadinns.com. Please let me know the best date and time to reach you via it.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Very friendly and helpful staff. The Manager is always helpful and is very welcoming, as well as the front desk agents. I always stay at this hotel whether it's for business or pleasure! I love staying at this hotel. It's my home away from home. I wouldn't stay at any other hotel. :)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Dawn P, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Hi Kathy

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property.
We are pleased you enjoy your stays and I thank you for your loyalty.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.