“Take Away - not answering phones”

Pasta Lupino Gourmet Whistler
Ranked #27 of 202 Restaurants in Whistler
Price range: USD 5 - USD 14
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Takeout
Description: We open at 11am for casual counter-service lunch and full table-service for dinner from 5:30-9pm. Take-out is available anytime between these hours. Free 2 hour parking is available just behind the restaurant in the IGA Marketplace.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I completely understand a busy restaurant, however when you call multiple times to order take away not only on Monday, but today as well (Thursday) and get no answer with a simple answer phone message advising they would not be open on Easter Sunday (understandable) it gets a bit irritating. So we thought we’d pop down, to check whether they were open or not. After visiting the busy restaurant we were greeted by a grumpy server who advised ‘not take out’ as they were too busy, which we could see. The issue we have is not only with the grumpy server, but the fact that they had turned off their phones, and not altered the answer phone message which did detail their closed days. It doesn’t take very long to re-record an answer phone to say a simple ‘sorry, were too busy at the moment and won’t be taking any take out orders’, this would have saved us a trip down and a rushed decision to eat elsewhere and lost business. I’m sure the food is marvellous by the great reviews I can see, but their customer service is simply not good enough and I’m unsure as to whether order from them again.

Sara M, General Manager at Pasta Lupino Gourmet Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hey there,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and also for coming down to see us even though you couldn't get through on the phone. That's dedication!

In all honesty, yes, we do turn off the phone when we are too busy. But due to the size of the kitchen, it is something we need to do and it happens so quickly and (usually) for such short periods of time that we simply cannot change the voicemail back and forth every time.

If you do give us another chance, I'd recommend calling outside our busiest hours of 6-8pm or taking some of our fresh pasta home to cook yourself.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The service was friendly and very good. The food was fantastic-we tried two of the soups, Chicken Parmigiana, Spaghetti & Meatballs, and Meat Lasagna! Everything tasted fresh and was so delicious. We will definitely revisit this restaurant.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived early and were seated straightaway. By the time we left people were waiting for our table. Lovely freshly made soup followed by veggie lasagne, all accompanied by some nice focaccia and olive oil with balsamic vinegar. Friendly service, decent price, seems to be popular with locals so glad we visited. If we were here for longer would definitely return.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I had the Vegetarian Lasagna, my partner had the Ravioli (with chicken parm. on top), and our daughter had the kids pasta with butter. The food was tasty. There was not much of a wait to get the table, but the food took some time- but for the taste, I was okay with it...our daughter, not so much! The salads were a little meh... but the bread was good. The red wine I had was subpar, but the food was so delicious it didn't matter. The best part, we had enough for leftovers the next day.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

My daughter and I went here for dinner around 6 p.m after a day of skiing and had no wait to sit down despite the restaurant being very small. We got chicken parm (great) and veggie lasagna (delicious). The pasta was super fresh and aldente which we loved. Make sure to stop by when in Whistler!