2,154 results
All reviewslake viewaura restaurantpaddle boardscure loungefix cafewhistler villagesmall lakefrozen lakefree shuttleon demandheated floorsshuttle servicecreekside gondolavalley trailsoaker tubhuge bathroomfrench press
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We stayed here as part of the Cariboo Chilcotin Discovery Coast Circle Tour Vacation through BC Ferries vacations. Would highly recommend this hotel and this tour!
Beautiful, well appointed rooms, luxurious spa bathroom and awesome yoga class in the morning at the spa. The setting right on the lake was so pretty with walking /biking trails at your door as well as free bikes to use, and the hotel offered a shuttle into the village as well. the staff were all friendly, and helpful when I forgot an item in my room as well. I will stay there again when in Whistler.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

My fiancé and I decided we'd like to have our wedding ceremony and reception at the Nita Lake Lodge. Her sister was married there two years ago and had a wonderful experience. They provided reasonable prices for everything and even gave them a gift certificate for a weekend stay at the lodge as a wedding present!

Under new management, however, my fiancé and I were unable to get the most basic studio suites for under $330/night (with at least a two night minimum) anytime between January and April 2013. This caused us to have to look somewhere else, as our guests would not be able to afford to stay.

The "Catering & Conference Services Manager" told us there would be a $500 fee to remove furniture from the Glade suite so we could have our ceremony there (on top of the $2000 per night we were quoted for the suite). We found it hard to obtain information from her as she only answered our specific questions and never went over the top and offered other information to help us plan our wedding. She was also not available for us when we made the trip up to the lodge to see the venue (before we found out the prices for everything were going to be so different from what we saw on the website).

Overall we had a very disappointing experience trying to work with Nita Lake Lodge. This was especially disappointing after hearing such good things from a few years ago.

Unless you're planning to get nickel and dimed for everything and pay ridiculous prices for rooms (at least double the price advertised on their web page for the dates you provide), I would not consider having a wedding here.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kcameron796
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Kyle,

First of all, congratulations to you and Christine on your engagement. I am sorry that your inquiries relating to holding your wedding at Nita didn't have the desired the result.

I have read through the emails between yourself and the hotel and wanted to take this opportunity to clarify. The Glade Suite is one of our guestrooms and the rate online is for it's use as such. Typically we don't allow events in the Suite which is why it isn't listed as a one of our wedding sites, however, an exception was made in your case. The nightly rate for the room is based on its use as a guestroom. Removing all of the furniture from the room as you requested requires a significant amount of labour and unfortunately there is a cost associated.

The rates you were quoted over your chosen dates during Presidents Week are exactly what is displayed on our website so I do apologize for any confusion that may have occured.

Ultimately, I know that you were really hoping that Nita could be the venue for your nuptials and I am truly sorry that we weren't able to accommodate given your dates and your budget.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

My boyfriend and I ( and our dog ) stayed at this hotel for 2nights and we can't stop telling everyone how much we loved staying there. We have been to many 5 - star resorts in & outside Canada and Nita Lake Lodge is one of the best. The room was quite spacious and the bathroom was probably the highlight of the room ( love the heated floor ). Since we stayed on the 1st floor, instead of the balcony, we were lucky to get a fairly large patio which our dog enjoyed very much. It was hard not to spend most of our vacation in bed, since it was so soft and comfortable. The hotel itself is very beautiful and we loved having dinner at the restaurant downstairs ( the food was delicious and the prices were just fine ). I highly recommend trying Eggs Benedict for breakfast at the restaurant downstairs. The hotel's location is fantastic, so many things to do, there is a great trail that goes sort of around the hotel and further, which is perfect for people who like to exercise or even for walking your dog ( there is also a 5min. walk dog's off leash area right on the lake ). The best part of the trip is having beer on the deck of the lake and watching the sun go down. Amazing !!!

Room Tip: On the first floor with the patio
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I highly recommend this hotel. It is one of the most beautiful locations that I have ever seen- right on the lake, the view from the restaurant is spectacular. Rooms are large with fireplaces and hidden kitchenette. Although I didn't use this service, there is a free shuttle into town. Very close to a grocery store and a few eateries. Very clean and comfortable. A bit more expensive than some other hotels in whistler, but definitely worth the extra.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

We spent our 15th anniversary at the Nita Lodge - it was lovely! We booked a 1 bedroom unit which was just beautiful. We had a fabulous view of the lake from both the sitting room and the bedroom, and even the bathroom has french windows that open into the bedroom allowing you to sit in the soaker tub and enjoy the view! The hotel is very clean and beautifully decorated. There are numerous trails in the area and the hotel has free bike rentals for their guests. Our one disappointment was the breakfast - not very good at all. We did mention it to the front desk staff and they were very apologetic and promised to speak to the restaurant staff.
A great hotel to get away from it all. We will be back.

Room Tip: Be sure to book a lake-view room. The views are breathtaking!