“Quiet, away from the hum but close to the snow”
Review of Nita Lake Lodge

Nita Lake Lodge
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed 20 March 2012

At the end of a long month skiing Canada and with still days up my sleeve with nothing planned, I could hear inquiring friends"what? you went to Canada skiing and never went to Whistler". Looking out my window at the snow of Big White I picked up the phone and called Whistler Blackcomb and on their recommendations I booked 5 nights at Nita, Creekside. Three days later I am looking around my new room. Ooo this is nice so I,m off down to reception. "is my room availible for another two nights" .. Yes
'At the same rate"I ask. Hums and hars out the back and then back with a Yes so I'm in for 7days. Just lovely is this resort. Staff smiling, food of good standard, rooms are very nice as photos other guests have posted show. Serviced daily. A feature, the big bath tube, the water has a BLUE hugh when bath filled as water from snow.
Free shuttles to the Whistler village. Went one afternoon for a looksee and did not go back. Far to commercial for me. Creekside is my choice. Next door to the lodge is a bar Rolands and bbq Bobs grill. The bar does not allow minors after 8. If the bartender Rich is in attendance you will surely be made welcome. Free musical bingo once a week is popular so get in early for a seat.
It is not to far to the gondola that takes you up into the Whistler mountain and all its runs and to the peak to peak gondola. This was a wonderful stay. Is there a negative. Hm yes a little one. Dogs are by arrangement allowed in rooms. I saw a golden retriver going into one down the passage on my floor. Big dog. No smoking in rooms but if you are not use to dog smell then..... I like dogs but am in disagreement with this policy. The resort is NOT cheap. As a solo traveller it was the special rate offered that attracted me here. If it was not so special then I would not have been able to justify the expence. Whistler Backcomb is expensive so be prepared. Goes with the sport of skiing. note: snow here is wet, lands on you and melts unlike the interior fields I visited where flakes of snow could just be blowen by one breath of the sleeve. Still there was fresh powder to be found . Did I care. No. I just had heaps of fun.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
lindseyturner, Director of Sales at Nita Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. Should you make it back to Whistler and choose to visit us again, definitely request a pet-free room as we only have designated floors that allow pets.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,973)

Reviewed 19 March 2012

My husband and I recently stayed in a Studio Suite for our honeymoon and enjoyed every aspect of Nita Lake Lodge. The room was spacious and had several luxurious appointments. Every staff member we interacted with was friendly and helpful. The on-demand and schedule car service was a pleasant surprise and the drivers were very helpful in recommending restaurants. Every afternoon we skipped the standard Après and enjoyed a soak in the Nita Lake hot tub and were always surprised to have the place to ourselves. There is no need to have a car when staying at this location. The hotel is a quick 3 minute walk to the heated indoor locker room where you store your skis (no long hikes in ski boots!) and then the locker room is a 2 minute walk to the Whistler Gondola. If you fly into YVR, I recommend the Pacific Coach as a transportation option to/from Vancouver and Whistler. The Coach had door-to-door service from YVR, DT Vancouver hotels and Nita Lake Lodge.
I can’t recommend Nita Lake Lodge enough. We were so sad to check-out on our last day.

Room Tip: The corner end studio suites (room 301) has very high vaulted ceilings
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Clearly built for the 2010 Olympics, this is a first class property in the Creekside area of Whistler. It is not village central, but there are restaurants and bars within walking distance, and you can get on the hill across the road at Creekside. If you want to stay out of the mayhem of the village in a contemporary and well appointed alpine hotel, I would recommend this spot. The rooms are stunning with gorgeous stone fireplaces and huge bathrooms.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms have 14-foot ceilings, fireplaces and verandas.
1  Thank Rebeccas1964
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed in a lake-view room in February this year and thought that Nita was start to finish perfect! From the second that we walked in, all of the staff were friendly, helpful and really knowledgeable. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was lovely with a great balcony. The bathroom was fantastic, the best bath ever and everything was spotless.
We really enjoyed the hotel cafe too, great home- cooked treats.
We loved it so much at Nita that we extended our holiday from 5 days skiing to 8. Ski lockers at creekside are a 2 minute walk away and about 150 metres from the gondola. And if you can't be bothered to walk back for even those 2 minutes, they'll come and pick you up!
We couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough. Even if we'd been unable to get up the mountain, we would still have stayed and enjoyed every second. It's a well-deserved number 1 on trip advisor.
Already planning our next trip.....

Room Tip: 212 was lake view, quiet, really lovely....although I suspect you can't actually go wrong in thi...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Skyeandbelle

Can't wait to welcome you back! Thanks for choosing Nita.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

A fantastic experience from start to finish. We arrived very late in the evening to a lovely warm welcome from Linda. We were quickly checked-in and given a brief introduction to the facilities that we would need. The hotel itself is beautiful and the rooms are just perfect. We stayed in a studio lake view, complete with a great view of the lake, balcony, fireplace, flat-screen tv, super comfy bed and lovely bathroom. We previously stayed at the Fairmont Chateau last winter and while it was nice it did not compare to Nita Lake Lodge. The hotel is just a 5 minute walk from the Creekside Gondola where they have a locker room underneath Can-ski in which you can leave your gear. This is very useful even though the short walk from the hotel wouldn't be much of a hardship. We used the hotel shuttle to get around in the mornings to make it to first lift to meet friends at Blackcomb and in the evenings to go out for dinner and never had a problem booking it when we needed it. The drivers (we had Glenn, Rich, John and Drew) were all very friendly and incredibly helpful with their advice and helping us avoid the lift lines (we visited during spring break). The service we received all week was fantastic, I don't remember ever being looked after so well anywhere. The girls on the front desk were amazing, all so helpful, a big shout out to Ria for always being so incredibly friendly and happy.

In all honesty, we couldn't have asked for anymore. The facilites are great, the hotel is beautiful, and the service is superb. We will definitely be back and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms have a beautiful view.
1  Thank texaspete13