Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed 2 December 2011

We've loved every second of our stay here. This particular hotel is brilliant because it's right in the village, so you can walk everywhere! There's FREE WiFi, FREE breakfast - both big bonuses for us. Each afternoon the manager hosts complimentary welcome drinks, and it's been a lovely chance to meet management and staff for a chat about all things Whistler and in general.

The level of service, cleanliness and facilities is *top* here. Particular thanks go to staff who went above and beyond with advice and assistance for us - Rik Parker, Matt Livingstone, Michael Hazelton, and of course the lovely GM we met yesterday, Jim Douglas.

We'd highly recommend this hotel - it's really perfect for anyone's needs.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sarah B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,465)

Reviewed 1 December 2011

My stay at the Pan Village Centre was perfect from start to finish! I came up for two nights for a friend’s wedding in August and stayed in a stunning suite with a fully equipped kitchen. The entire hotel, from lobby to suite, was meticulously cleaned and well-maintained, which I strongly value in a hotel. The staff were warm, welcoming, friendly and very accommodating. In addition, the hotel provided a shuttle service to and from the wedding reception. The Pan made my weekend seamless and enjoyable.

I came back to Whistler two months later in October and stopped by the Pan to see if I had left a necklace behind—I had misplaced a necklace my grandfather had gifted my mother when she was 16. I didn’t think I had left it there, but I figured it was worth checking since I was passing by the hotel anyway. The staff, as friendly as in August, scanned their lost-and-found records and determined a necklace matching my description was left behind during the weekend of my previous stay. Within minutes, a wide-smiling staff member emerged from the back room holding my necklace. I was thrilled beyond words and am eternally grateful!

I came back to Whistler for Cornucopia in November and stayed at the Pan Mountainside and experienced the same amazing service and facilities as the Village Centre. The suite was beautiful, the kitchen was fully equipped, the staff were extremely attentive.

The service, friendliness and cleanliness are unmatched by the other resorts I've stayed at in Whistler and I would happily spend every subsequent trip to Whistler at either Pan location.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jnbrtz
Reviewed 30 November 2011

This is the only place we stay now in Whistler. Staff is great, location is A+, it's a smaller hotel so there is not the sprawling lobby and restaurants to contend with. Great little pool and hot pools too. Buffet breakfast is all you need to start the day and if you need more go somewhere else or make something in your kitchen, it's that simple. Met the G.M. one night at the Managers reception and he was a very down to earth guy and was truly concerned that his guests were having a nice time. Love the locker at Mountainside for all the gear. I am not a huge fan of dogs in hotels but they allow it. I am thinking they are designated rooms because there was no pet smell anywhere.
Great hotel!!

Room Tip: Higher floors are worth it in my book but the room layouts are pretty much the same.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Hulasurf
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Our 3rd consecutive visit for the annual season opening in Whistler. This hotel is clean, centrally located, quiet and offers good value, although it gets quite pricey in the peak-ski season. The staff is friendly, it has a healthy free breakfast and transports your ski gear to a locker at the mountainside location for free. Nice lap pool and hot tub.

Perfect for families although they should get rid of that huge jar of lollipops at reception, the kids keep eating from it!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Baypeak
Reviewed 27 November 2011

This is not a luxury hotel, but we (a family of three) really like it for our stays in Whistler. It has everything you need for a nice stay - convenient location, cleanliness, and good service. We like having a kitchenette to make quick snacks and drinks when we don't feel like going out to eat. The breakfast is very good; they offer fresh fruit, a variety of cereal, pastries, eggs, cold cuts, cheese, and yogurt. The only thing I wish they had is a better gym, but this one shortcoming is not significant enough for us not to stay at this hotel. There's a great gym and rock climbing center in the village and plenty of other activities around to keep you in shape :-)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family