3,014 results
All reviews ski concierge sidecut restaurant walk in closet car service hot chocolate and cookies executive suite upper village turn down service in room dining fire pit skis and boots beautiful resort luxury hotel end of the day blackcomb base steam room ski resort
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel 9 or 10 times over the past 15 years, always for a week or longer. There are obviously things we love about the hotel: spacious rooms, amenities such as the spa and shuttle to village, quiet location away from the crowds and —in the past—consistently good service. On our last visit, the service in many areas was not at all what one would expect from a luxury brand. Some examples:
—We reserved (and paid for!) a suite on an upper floor. I requested a view of the mountains, specifically stated NOT overlooking the (loud) courtyard, and even gave room #’s of suites we have stayed in on past visits. Upon arrival, we were assigned a room on the 4th floor overlooking the courtyard. What?! This was corrected at the front desk but still...indicates a lack of attention to detail that was consistent throughout our stay.
—no welcoming note or goodie in the room as one typically receives at FS (or Ritz or Fairmont) propertied, particularly as a repeat customer.
—I booked couples massages on 2 separate days about a month prior to our stay. I never received an email confirmation and when I called to inquire, was told they don’t send out confirmations. When we arrived, our appointments were not for the services requested and had to be corrected. Bonus: during our first couples massage, my husband’s therapist slipped and used my face to break her fall! (I wish I was joking) Hardly a relaxing experience.
—I ate a donut in our living room area and unfortunately, was a bit messy. The crumbs remained on the carpet for the rest of our stay, even after I specifically requested that the room be vacuumed!
—there was no stationery in the desk. The one postcard had scribbles on it from a prior guest.
—room service had ONE herbal tea selection. Staff were not even certain they had any when questioned on 2 occasions. Our room had coffee service but no tea bags.

These are all minor issues (other than the masseuse breaking my fall by landing her arm and weight on my face) but together, indicate a staff that is not overly-concerned about details or caring for its guests. Interestingly enough, this was the first time we were not given a comment card upon check out. It is almost as if they are aware the service is not what it should be for a luxury brand.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeeAnn H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pros
1. Friendly and helpful staff
2. Large walk in closet for clothing and snow gear.
3. Large bathroom
4. Gas Fireplace
5. Small fridge

Cons

1. First, location is one of the farthest hotels from the main village. 15-20 min walk, 5 minutes by car.

2. Internet is intentionally throttled between 0.5-1Mbps. For a 5 Star hotel, give at least 5 Mbps. Fairmont next door offers 8-10 Mbps. If I were here for business, I would never survive.

3. No place to get coffee or drinks or snacks, you must walk 5-10 mins to the local mini mart. 10-15 mins for some decent coffee. 10 mins to the liquor store.

4. Only one pricey restaurant. Can’t compete with the Fairmont that has a few places to eat. Great breakfast, btw.

5. Cable tv was wonky. Sound out of sync.

6. Rooms are small for 2 people

7. Biggest complaint is the village shuttle only runs on weekends. Would be nice if they put that on their web site. They list it as an amenity.

8. No AC, so room got warm fast. I had to keep the balcony door open all the time.

Overall, it didn’t feel like a 5 Star experience even though I was paying 5 Star prices. Will try Fairmont next time. They have far more superior amenities.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Techman2000
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed in this beautiful hotel overnight as part of our Rocky Mountaineer trip. Beautiful room/suite and overall gorgeous hotel. Ate in the restaurant (just a small snack) beautifully presented and excellent service.
Throughly recommend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Beautiful hotel in a great setting. Staff are lovely, and special thanks for the fantastic service from Darren on the concierge desk who was very helpful. Rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The turndown staff were very good and seemed to do a much better job than the day housekeeping. The food at the Sidecut restaurant is excellent.

Stayed: July 2018
Ali M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear HighMaintenance2015,

Thank you for your kind comments. Between our staff providing efficient and helpful service to SIDECUT offering an inspiring culinary menu, it sounds as though your stay left nothing to be desired. We thoroughly enjoyed your company, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ali Osman
Resort Manager

Reviewed 18 September 2018

As a part of our Rocky Mountaineer 3 day journey we stayed at the beautiful 4 Seasons Hotel in Whistler. Truly a great experience with lovely rooms and a great atmosphere. Located within easy walking distance of downtown Whistler or you can take the regular free shuttle but from the hotel to town. Certainly recommended if you are visiting Whistler.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear John T,

Thank you for sharing these kind words, it was a pleasure to welcome you for part of your Rocky Mountaineer trip! We were thrilled to hear how you enjoyed our beautiful property, prime location, and warm atmosphere. It was an honour to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back for another 5-star stay.

Ali Osman