“Great Stay in Creekside section”
Review of First Tracks Lodge

First Tracks Lodge
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Westport, CT
“Great Stay in Creekside section”
Reviewed 9 July 2007

We stayed at First Tracks on July 5 and we were impressed with the space, style and quality of our 2 bedroom unit. One bedroom had a king bed, the other a queen, and there was a sofa bed in the open kitchen/dining/living room area in the middle. Each bedroom had its own TV and bathroom. There was also a TV in the living room. A laundry room with storage racks is right by the entry. The bathrooms and kitchen are attractively decorated in granite and wood.

There is a heated main pool and 2 hot tubs, one for adults only, and a workout room. Some guests used the Lodge's BBQ grill to cook their dinner by the pool. A Japanese restaurant is located in the Lodge, which is right next to the chairlift. (The chairlift was not running at this time.)

The Creekside section was quiet compared to the main Whistler Village, which was a few miles further north. There are several restaurant choices in this area, but most of the restaurants are in the main village. You would need to drive back to the village or take the local bus.

We enjoyed a pleasant meal at Una Mas, the Mexican grill restaurant. We really liked the international, specialty and gourmet food choices at the Creekside Market grocery store.

I would definitely recommend First Tracks Lodge for anyone looking for a quieter stay in Whistler.

• Liked — Decor of the rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank jlbob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Arizona
Reviewed 8 June 2007

First Tracks Lodge is first class! We stayed in a one bedroom unit which also had a den. The accommodations were immaculate and very well appointed. I can't say enough about how delightful it was. Definitely recommend -- it was the highlight of our trip.

• Liked — Well appointed
  • Disliked — Front Desk at Legends
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mimi4583
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2007

Finding the direct phone number of the front desk is not easy; luckily a concierge at the Westin (also very nice) in Whistler spilled the beans.

I stayed for 7 days, 6 nights in a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo. The place was very clean, and spacious. At least 1000 sq ft is my guess for this place. The bedrooms were on opposite sides of the condo which made it nice; with separate bathrooms I may add.

The bathrooms - heaven - heated floors - my bathroom floor was set at 82F - LOVELY for those cold mornings and the jetted tub was a pleasant surprise.

I think Legends/First Tracks could actually make more money by selling "first night/day groceries" - there was coffee & filters in my condo - but of course not enough for my stay.

I found that the little village at the Legends/First Tracks is cute, including (at the time of this posting) Subway, small mini mart, a liquor store, Starbucks and some other shops.

There is a bus that can take you to Whistler for no more than $3CA.

Enjoy your stay; I did.

• Liked — privacy & cleanliness
  • Disliked — hiccups with checking in, unclear directions
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank KBarton22
London
Reviewed 2 April 2007

Just got back from 10 days at First Tracks which formed part of my honeymoon.

This was my second visit to First Tracks and I was not disappointed with the room or facilities. Everything was in great condition, the rooms were large in size (particuarly in comparison to European resorts) and the amenities were superb. We loved the outdoor spa and pool and, unlike an earlier reviewer, the cooking facilities were more than adequate for us.

Room service were extremely polite and more than happy to come back later on in the day when we were not keen on hitting the slopes early.

My only criticism is of the front desk staff who are located at Legends. Normally I would not mention this but as it was my second visit and my second bad experience with the staf there I thought it worth mentioning (so hopefully something can be done to improve the service on that front). Our particular experience this visit was that we had loaned an umbrella (which required a $20 deposit). I had paid the deposit in cash and later in the week when Ireturned it and asked for our money back I was accused by the staff member of lying and that cash was never taken as a deposit and that he would not return the money to me. However, after pressing him he finally looked on the system to find that cash had indeed been taken by them and proceeded to return the money. What annoyed me the most was that he did not apologise until I asked whether accusing a guest of lying before actually undertaking an investigation would be considered appropriate conduct.

However, as I said apart form this we thought everything else at First Tracks was excellent and beyond expectation.

• Liked — Size, facilities, location
  • Disliked — Front desk staff
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AussieinUKLondon
UK
Reviewed 11 March 2007

My husband and I have just returned from a week long break in First tracks and in line with all the other reviews it was amazing.

I booked first tracks on the basis of the trip advisor reviews and wasn't disapointed. We ended up with a 1.5 bedroom apt(+ den and shower room) due to some confusion with our booking (we originally booked for a 1 bedroom). The apartments are funished to a very high standard (granite work sufaces, underfloor heating, spa baths,silver kitchen appliances). They are very homely,comfortable and clean

The location beside the gondola is perfect for the keen skiier, my husband was out by 8.15 every morning whilst I stayed in bed!

Almost the only tiny negative comment I have is that the locks on the ski lockers are quite complicated to work and in terms of the location the runs back down to Creekside are intermediate and hard going on tired legs.

• Liked — the luxury of the apartment and proximity to slopes
  • Disliked — nothing!!! and I'm a very difficult person to please in terms of hol accommodation
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple