2,338 results
All reviews ski valet east tower heavenly bed firerock lounge spg points one bedroom suite per day self park full kitchen ski school hot tub gas fireplace driving range small kitchen can't beat the location end of the day ski equipment
Reviewed 20 March 2018

We stayed here three nights in March and had a great experience. Room was SUPER clean with everything we needed. The hotel / resort was nice and big, with all amenities required. Rentals for the hill were on site, bar was busy and had lots of variety of drinks, and luckily two hot tubs as they were packed. Definitely will go back and the location is the best part.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank S G
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Hi S G,

I'm happy to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Whistler is gorgeous and we're very lucky to have our premium location. Thank you for the great review, I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I was planning on traveling to this property this weekend but my kids became sick. I called SPG to ask to simply switch dates and the hotel management refused to move the dates. I wasn't asking for a refund and even offered to provide a doctor's note but the hotel is more concerned about charging a guest $1700 as a cancellation fee vs simply rebooking to another available date. I'm a SPG Platinum member and stay at numerous properties throughout the year but have never experienced such a negative response from a hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank hdhami66
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear hdhami66,

We are very sorry to hear that your children were sick and that you had to cancel your Whistler trip. Please know that we very much appreciate your business as a Platinum member, but it is important that we stand by our cancellation policies during very busy times. If you would like to discuss this further you can contact me at lisa.mccormick@westinwhistler.com.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I agree that that location is great. You are essentially almost connected to the gondola that will take up Whistler (and can connect to peak 2 peak). The bar was also pretty good. The room did have a kitchenette (which we didn't use but could be helpful).

Checkin was OK, the room was very small and dated, and in general it was just very OK.

The extra charge for the ski valet was a surprise during checkout - and the person merely pointed to the sign on the sign mentioning the charge. Ski valet was nice - just mention it up front please.

I will look elsewhere on future trips.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hi pm85,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate the feedback on the ski valet process. We'll do our best to communicate this better in the future. Have a wonderful day and we hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here many, many times, the location as great, as are the staff

The rooms are comfortable (mine had been updated - a little - since my visit last year) and the small kitchen is very convenient. The seating area with a gas fire is a great spot to relax after a day on the slopes.

This is, by no means, an intimate hotel and when it's at it's busiest it really is quite frantic. However by avoiding the busiest times a perfectly pleasant experience is possible. The gym had an ‘adult only’ time between 8am and 9am and during the busy US school vacation time a separate breakfast area was set up for SPG Platinum members, which was a great innovation.

Every staff member I met did everything they could to make my stay enjoyable and I’ve already rebooked for next year!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

Hi Rthomp4435,

I'm glad you enjoyed your most recent stay with us. It's nice to see we'll be welcoming you back next year. Thank you for your continued patronage and for leaving us such a lovely review.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

The hotel is nice enough but they nickel-and-dime for every little thing. Parking was $30/night, Ski Check (which they say you must use despite having plenty of room in the room) is $9/pair/night. Breakfast buffet is $36(!?). You can literally eat breakfast On the mountain at the roundhouse (fresh tracks ticket) for half the price and it's not much different quality wise.

The pool/spa are constantly chaos with kids. I'm not somebody who hates kids or anything, I have 3 of them, but on vacation it's nice to have some peace.

All in all, you're paying for the location which couldn't be much closer. As long as you realize that then it's fine. That being said, I'm not sure I'd stay here again or not.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Brook,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall, but appreciate your constructive feedback. In contrast to other similar hotels, we do not charge a resort fee, and instead allow guests to pay a la carte only for services that they use. Overall we ensure that we are priced competitively within Whistler, although I do understand that it is an expensive destination. Additionally we always strive to provide great value with our service, our all-suite inventory, and our location. If there's anything I can personally do to welcome you back and ensure that your next stay is perfect, please email me at lisa.mccormick@westinwhistler.com.