“One of the best Grilled Cheese ever!!!”
Review of The Wildflower

The Wildflower
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wildflower is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 205 Restaurants in Whistler
Price range: USD 15 - USD 53
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Blackcomb Way
Description: The Wildflower's signature warm and inviting ambiance is the ideal casual resort setting for breakfast and dinner. Showcasing locally inspired dishes and innovative classics in a family-friendly restaurant setting, The Wildflower also offers extensive `by the glass' wine selections, a noteworthy variety of regional beer and signature cocktails. During Whistler's warm, summer months, enjoy alfresco dining on The Wildflower's garden patio.
Reviewed 29 September 2018

My wife and I stopped in for a late lunch after checking in. My wife ordered the Pork Taco's and I ordered the Four Cheese Grilled Cheese. My wife didn't like the fattiness of the taco's and sent them back. The server was very good and got my wife the same as I had. It was the probably the best grilled cheese I have ever head. There were 4 kinds of cheese with bacon and grilled onions.It also came with home made tomato soup for that classic combo. I ended up eating my sandwich and most of my wife's. I highly recommend this sandwich. The drink selection was very good as well

Date of visit: September 2018
DiningCWRFairmont, Manager at The Wildflower, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear Mike S,

Thank you for your comments, The grilled cheese is a great dish on the Mallard Lounge menu - helping to reminisce of our childhood days! I shall pass on your comments to your culinary team.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 September 2018

We celebrated our 29th anniversary at this restaurant and had a most memorable meal. The service was fantastic. Our waiter, Chris, was very helpful and new when to be attentive. The food was superb and cooked to perfection. The lamb was especially good. Save room for dessert.

Dear wprawlings,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and choosing the Wildflower for your anniversary celebration. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service in the Wildflower. If you are looking for something different during your next visit, we recommend trying the Grill Room, our signature restaurant. It is an intimate space within the Wildflower with some delicious menu selections also!

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

We had breakfast and dinner here. The breakfast buffet was included in our room rate, and I would have paid for it. The options were varied- and the food was the temperature it should be- warm foods were warm and cold foods were cold. They had two smoothie options each morning- a great addition to your meal. As for dinner, that was great too. I had the risotto - and the portion was too much to finish. It was the right amount of creaminess too. Everyone else liked their entrees- and dessert was great too.

Dear Karen C,

It is a delight to read your review of your recent visit to the Wildflower restaurant. The bountiful breakfast buffet is definitely a great way to start your day when exploring the mountains of Whistler. We hope you can join us again soon and try a new fall menu launching later this month!

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here the other night and it was lovely! I had the seafood chowder to start and it was delicious. Service was great and quick. It’s not the cheapest place to eat but I would go back- it’s worth the money.

Dear Abbers18,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed dining with us in the Wildflower for dinner. We will be sure to pass on your comments to our culinary and service teams. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Staff and service were excellent and very attentive. The ambience is also OK. I had a cauliflower soup that was mildly boring and a decent piece of arctic char on vegetables that was quite OK but not extraordinary. A glass of red wine and a glass of white. With tips it came $110.-, which I thought was a bit much for what I got. But OK Whistler IS known for its hyper inflated prices.

Date of visit: September 2018
DiningCWRFairmont, Manager at The Wildflower, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear bossen,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your comments. We were delighted to read your comments regarding the service and staff int eh Wildlfower Restaurant. It is important to us that each guest experience in the Wildflower is memorable. We have shared your feedback of the food with our culinary team to make adjustments for future reservations. We truly appreciate your valuable review and can assure you that your comments have been taken very seriously.