“Excellent food”

The Southside Diner
Ranked #31 of 204 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A popular spot for locals and visitors alike to enjoy a meal, catch up on the latest gossip and maybe even have a few beverages. We hope that you will also become one of our regulars!
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I loved this place! We stopped for a late breakfast and the place was packed...the only seats left were at the counter and it ended up being a great place to sit. Every plate that went out looked delicious and our meal was wonderful. The cooks talked to us, the staff talked to us ...everyone was very friendly. Its a very relaxed place to go. Service is not the quickest, so don't go if you're in a rush, but if you want great food...it's a definite must! We will for sure be going back!

Reviewed 8 June 2018

We decided to visit the Southside Diner, Whistler Creekside after reading the reviews on tripadvisor and I’m so glad we did. We were very warmly welcomed by JEFF and seated in a cozy booth which was much appreciated after a very long drive. We were given menus and told about the specials of the day, I went for the meatloaf special with mashed potatoes, which was a special recipe handed down from the chef’s grandmother - I enjoyed it so much that I ate every morsel on my plate. My sister had the steak sandwich with fries which was superb quality also. We took a fabulously thick and creamy milkshake away with us and wished that we weren’t leaving Whistler the very next morning so we could visit again but rest assured we will on our next trip. Jeff was so friendly and accommodating and all the staff seemed to be very happy in their work which is always a good sign. There is parking too and we are told the Southside Diner is the number one choice for locals so what more can you say. If it was in Whistler the owners would be super rich and considering the limited choices in Whistler itself be sure to make the 5 minute drive and enjoy great hospitality, generous portions and the best service we had in Whistler hands down. Have a great summer Jeff and thank you so much, from Scotland! PS. - I wanted to rate 5 stars for service, food and value but the page wouldn’t allow me.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

The chicken schnitzel special was very good. The vegetarian stew was also a hit. Quick service, friendly staff. It’s a small diner with a great atmosphere.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Very unique place, laid back and super friendly staff. The food is diner's food, so dont expect anything fancy but its very good. Our favs are the milkshakes!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Breakfast. Just outside of whistler
Nice diner setting. Humorous postings on table, etc.
Breakfast Poutine very good
Wife had some type french toast stuffed with blueberries. Not terrible, but not much flavor
Service adequate.
My impression is that they are very popular.
Would go again, but order different items.