All reviews mary jo excellent hosts okanagan lake wine tour guests
Reviewed 23 November 2015

we didn't actually get to spend much time in the B&B as we were in town for a party and were in a hurry. I just have to say the bed was extremely comfortable and to me that's wonderful. Breakfast was great with good coffee and she makes her own granola which is delicious!

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank kailly2014
MJtrip10, Owner at OKeefe's Landing B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2015

It was great having you, winter is a nice quiet time at the BB. We aren't as busy but the views of the lake are still awesome and we are close to town for most events. Especially if you are traveling for an event out in the Okanagan Landing area of Vernon - Mary Jo and David

Reviewed 31 July 2015

From first meeting our hosts David and Mary Jo to saying our reluctant goodbyes we were made to feel so welcome. We stayed four nights the weather was kind and the location superb. The rooms are a good size and both main guest rooms have beautiful views over lake okanagan, the property has its own landing and a great little deck to soak up the rays. The speciality egg breakfasts are really special, prepared freshly by the hosts as you relax looking out at the lake and the water skiers whizzing by. I would not hesitate to recommend this place and hope to return sooner rather than later.

Room tip: Lake view rooms are a must
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

Waterfront property, high end newly built home, large dock, delicious breakfast and wonderful hosts (both had previously worked in luxury hotel industry).

Mary Jo and her husband made our stay very comfortable, were well informed of the area and provided answers to all of our questions about Vernon.

Tip for wine lovers: operator Mary Jo also runs a wine tour. Make sure to book in advanced!

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2015

We had a large comfortable room with an amazing view over the river. It wasn't spotlessly clean and we found parts of the house could be cleaner. The b and b is on a busy road and easy to miss as the sign was on the ground propped sideways. Parking is opposite.
Breakfast was delicious and plentiful I did find it strange sharing the table with a Canadian couple who sat in their dressing gowns!
We found this place a little expensive, you are certainly paying for the views. You need a car to get there.
There is a very nice local pub, 15 mins walk away. We ate there both nights and had good food and good service.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MJtrip10, Owner at OKeefe's Landing B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2015

I am glad our guests enjoyed the wonderful views from their private balcony overlooking Okanagan Lake. Okanagan Landing Road is the only road along the east side of Okanagan Lake and while it is not considered a main road , it is busy in the mornings as residents go into town for work or returning home at night.
I couldn't agree more with our guest that it was unusual for guests to come to the breakfast table in their full length housecoats, it certainly hasn't happened to us often( only this once) but when speaking of it to a friend of mine, they mentioned that they seem to be doing it all the time at Sparkling Hill which is a luxury spa resort located close to us - but still it is very unusual for us.
I was very disappointed to read that this couple didn't find the room clean. We have always been complimented on the cleanliness of our home. We have professional cleaners come in once a week. May, this year did come upon us quickly and I found I was still trying to get all my bedding plants in and yard ready for the summer season. Perhaps, the fact that we were still just finalizing everything in the yard for the season gave this gentleman this impression - one that I am very sorry he didn't mention or perhaps I could have addressed the concern.
He also mentioned the price of our rooms- so I should say we are one of a very few homes that are right on the lake - with immediate access to the water and to tremendous views over our bay - we feel we are priced very competitively for what we can offer at our home.

Reviewed 16 September 2014

My father and I were booked for a Sat. night early on September. Having done our research, we were really looking forward to staying on the water and booked this B&B early.

On the afternoon we arrived (within the 4-6 p.m. check in provision ) no one was home. Calling the owner; she advised that she was in the south Okanagan and that her spouse had had an emergency.

We were sympathetic to the fact that emergencies do happen but the issue was the way in which their absences were handled. After half an hour there was still no one there and we were confused as to whom is running this B&B. No one seemed to take control of he situation which was unfortunate; the lack of customer service was a surprise for a 5 star B&B. Very unhappy with the entire situation, we decided to leave as seek other accommodation.

We cannot review the rooms but from the pictures looked nice as was the location.

We trust that this will never happen to another guest and provisions will be put in place to deal with issues such as these.

Date of stay: September 2014