2,091 results
All reviewssparkling hillinfinity pooltea roomcold saunaspa servicesswarovski crystalssteam rooms and saunaspeakfine restaurantvalet parkinglake viewfloor to ceiling windowscouples massagespa areapeak fine restaurantcrystal fireplacecourse dinnerspa experience
Reviewed 17 August 2010

My wife and I stayed at Sparkling Hill August 13th and 14th for our anniversary. Overall it was a very relaxing, enjoyable experience. The hotel is beautiful and the views it offers are specatcular. We were on the third (top) floor, but I can't imagine any room there not having a view since the structure is perched on the top of a hill with one side looking out over Predator Ridge golf course and the other overlooking Okanagan Lake.

The staff were all very friendly, but we found service to be a bit inconsistent. When we drove up to the entrance there was no valet to be seen. When we checked in, a bellman was paged. He took my wife's suitcase, but didn't even offer to take my suitcase or laptop. Our room had amazing views...floor to ceiling window walls on two sides with a bathtub for two against one of them (warning: unlike most city hotels, the windows are NOT one way!).

Everything about the spa area of the resort was top-notch...the people, the treatment rooms, the euqipment, the many themed saunas and steam rooms and the pools.

Food and beverage is - for me - the most difficult thing to critique about our stay. The dinner menu changes daily and is very creative. It's split into 4 sections of 3 course options. There's land (i.e. meat), earth (vegetarian) and sea that change everyday plus a static choice of beef tenderloin. My wife enjoyed both her dinners, one being the earth selection. She felt that, unlike some restaurants that just throw a vegetarian item on the menu because they have to, this restaurant - PeakFine - actually tried to come up with interesting ideas. I had the beef tenderloin one night. It was cooked using the "sous vide" method and was outstanding! I can't recommend it enough. Our server both nights was Kip and he really needs to be acknowledged as an exceptional waiter. The lunch menu was also interesting, but it would have been nice to see a couple items of more standard fare. Breakfast was a disappointment. There's no a la carte service, just a buffet. The eggs were the worst part. The first morning there was a chafing dish containing scrambled eggs, one with sausages and one with fried potatoes(mixed with red pepper and purple onion). I would swear the eggs were scooped out of one of those 5 gallon pails of prescrambled stuff...tasteless. The second morning there were again three chafing dishes. This time the eggs were in the form of a frittata and contained pieces of fried potato that looked suspiciously like the potatoes from the previous morning. Again, totally bland. There was also a chafing dish with the same type of sausage and one with very overcooked waffles that were so hard you could chip a tooth on them. Aside from the hot items there was fruit, granola, cheeses and some very good pastries.

In case Sparkling Hill management reads this review, here are a few recommendations:
Pool beverage service
Better stocked in-room fridge
Power blinds to operate from the bed (like Fairmont Pacific Rim has)
More variety on all the menus - but keep the inventive daily specials coming
Bump guards in the hallways - there are already some obvious dings and scuffs

Along with Kip, Malaina in the restaurant was also a huge standout for exceptional service. As I said at the start of this review, we really enjoyed ourselves and feel that the 2 night couples getaway was a good deal. We'll go back and we'll recommend Sparkling Hill to friends. A word of advice to other travellers: this is a couples-oriented or adult getaway hotel and really isn't suitable for children of any age.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kennferr
Reviewed 13 August 2010

My wife and i stayed here in june and found the place amazing. We wandered around for quite some time checking out the views (some of the best i have ever seen) and architecture. Food was good and staff were polite. Loved the big windows in the guest rooms which make it feel like a balcony. Will be coming back with freinds in September.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Ladies and gentlemen, you have yet to experience a place such as this. I came up here , solo, to enjoy a little getaway and left on Cloud 9. As a local, I was curious to see for myself what this place has to offer and it is truly beyond imagination. To have a world-class facility in our own back yard is exciting and I'll be bringing my family and friends back to experience the place. I've had the opportunity to travel quite extensively and can honestly say there is no place that compares. As a new resort, there are initial hiccups, but none did I encounter. During my stay, I was equally impressed by the architecture and design of the place along with the people inside it!

In the morning, I enjoyed a nice hot breakfast with an assortment of fresh selections (yogourt parfaits, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit and of course some delicious pastries...I may be health-conscious but I still want to enjoy what I'm eating!). The staff were friendly and as I sipped my morning coffee, I savoured the gorgeous view outside.

I opted for a pedicure and 50 minute massage that afternoon. Entering KurSpa I was immediately greeted by friendly faces. After I filled out some information, they escorted me down to the Tea Room where I relaxed and enjoyed some fresh juice while sinking into this comfy chaise lounge. Once my treatments had begun, I could see how people could spend days at a place such as this. Whether it's the fact that you're removing yourself from your daily duties or just simply enjoying a beautiful place where you can breathe in the fresh air around you and explore some new treatments, I was sold.

What I'm about to say next may seem exaggerated, but don't judge until you've experienced it yourself. The steam/sauna area is absolutely spectacular! Forget what you know about steams/saunas. This room presents 7 steams/saunas, each with a unique design, scent and beautifully crafted art piece. Your senses are truly enlivened!

I went back to my afternoon for a mid-afternoon nap, and how could I not! The beds are fitted with memory foam; your body's contours are quickly absorbed. The inviting saoker tub is by the window (stunning views) and the starry sky lighting above means you may find yourself in another world come dusk.

My tummy was grumbling so I headed down for dinner at PeakFine. Chef Derrick and team prepared a thoughtful menu; a unique choice of ingredients from the Sea, Earth or Land. As an Albertan, I opted for Land! My server, Laurie, was upbeat and very helpful with wine pairings. The bread was served with lavender butter, something I will definitely try at home! My main, the beef tenderloin, was succulent and flavourful. With a glass of red wine in hand, I savoured every moment!

To say I was impressed does not quite cut it, but what I will say is this: I will be back!

Sparkling Hill Resort offers something for everyone and I can't wait to share this beautiful place with others.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank JagareManagement
Reviewed 4 August 2010

We spent two nights at this resort on a couple’s package which included accommodation, breakfast, a welcoming cocktail, dinner both nights at their restaurant and two $150 vouchers for the spa. Priced at $980 this was very good value – get it while you can!
As pointed out in past TripAdvisor reports on the Sparkling Hills Resort, there is work to be done on smoothing out some of the operational aspects, but let’s not dwell on that, they will surely be put right, let’s look at the positives.
The positives include a wonderful staff who are doing a fine job , even when things do not flow as smoothly as they should; the resort is built to high quality standards with attention paid to detail; the spa is quite unique, especially the sauna and pool sections with the -110C sauna in a class of its own; the location lends itself to participation in many other interests, the views across the lake being spectacular; the bedrooms, like the rest of the facilities, are first class and judging from the two dinners we had, the resort has a very good chef overseeing the kitchen.
So, take in the overall experience and see the humour in the little things that get left undone, my wife and I enjoyed our two nights at the Sparkling Hills Resort and will plan to return.
PS I do not suppose the General Manager sees the humour in the “little things left undone” :0) – so he will no doubt continue the process of putting that right.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NormD
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I have to say that after reading some of the previous average reviews, I was a little bit apprehensive about what to expect, as I was booking this for our 20th Wedding Anniversary. However, right from the time we were approaching the resort, driving up the mountain, seeing the massive resort, literally on the top of the mountain, we clearly felt the anticipation of the start of an amazing journey. Walking through the front entrance, the views and the cascading crystals was breathtaking. After a warm welcome and being offered by the Valet to park our car and take our luggage, he escorted us up to an amazing room on the 3rd Floor, facing the Lake (highly recommend the Lake side). He went through all the amenities in the room, went back downstairs and took care of our car. We then went downstairs to the spa front desk and was given a complete, thorough tour of the facilities with recommendations on treatments and some history of the location, the artwork, and the owners. After getting settled in the amazing room, great king bed and linens, 2 person tub in front of floor to ceiling windows, with a sliding door that opens up completely, heated floors, walk through shower, crystal glowing fireplace, we went down for dinner in Peakfine Restaurant. We had dinner 2 nights here and both 3 course meals were absolutely delicious, 5 star dining, complements to the chef..spectacular! Also, the breakfasts were to die for.
The Robes and slippers in the room were the main dress for most of the 3 day stay. The hotel rooms section had its own elevator to access the Spa facilities, which was so nice, as it was like living in your own world, no where near the main reception and restaurant areas of the hotel. The facilities are nothing short of spectacular...Huge outdoor infinity pool that overlooks the lake and mountains and a perfect sunset. Inside, another huge infinity pool with an amazing huge hot tub. The Steam and Sauna rooms are to die for. We had never seen so many, so unique steam and sauna rooms anywhere like this. Not to mention the Serenity Room (Insane view) Tea Room (so relaxing), Gym (amazing-didnt use it...ha ha),

We signed up for the Si Si couples treatment/massage. An amazing Milk/honey infused bath followed by a 30 minute massage for two. I highly recommend it, the massage therapists did a fantastic job and made the experience very comfortable and enjoyable for me and my wife.

My wife then went for a manicure and pedicure, which again, was amazing.
The staff were kind enough to bring a bottle of champagne for us and took care of me in the tea room, and my wife in the beauty center.

The entire facility was operating to perfection and we had plenty of time to explore and experience the entire resort. On the final day, checkout was at 11am, and we were encouraged by staff to stay until 6pm and use the facilities....so we did!

At the end of our stay, the valet brought up our car, luggage already in the trunk, turned over the keys, and away we went, our journey was complete.

This was an amazing stay. We left completely relaxed, and wanting more....

We will definitely make a point to return before year end and make this a permanent get away spot at least twice a year.

Kudos, Sparkling Hill.....well done!

Bill and Prudence