2,141 results
All reviews sparkling hill infinity pool tea room cold sauna spa services swarovski crystals steam rooms and saunas peakfine restaurant valet parking lake view floor to ceiling windows spa area couples massage peak fine restaurant crystal fireplace spa experience smoked salmon
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I took my daughter up to sparkling hills resort for her birthday. The services were very nice staff we great. I did think however that they should have someone in the gym checking to see if anyone needs assistance. And that they are wearing the proper attire. Wen I was in ther someone came in in bare feet and was using the cardio equipment. I have worked in a gym and I know that this is a definite no,no. Anyway the food was good although the besttro was very disappointing. I did relay this and additional info on the " how was your stay ". Email but no one got back to me. I'm guessing they don't read the replies.

Date of stay: November 2015
1  Thank Carolestevens
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2016

Dear Carol,

Thank you for your review. Happy belated Birthday to your daughter! I am delighted that you found the services to be very nice and the staff to be great, this is much appreciated! Your feedback regarding the gym as well as food in Barrique & Java is much appreciated and will be reviewed. The comment cards do get reviewed at least every two days and normally get responded to every 2 weeks as this allows us to follow up with each department. Occasionally we are unable to respond to a comment card if a room number and date is not recorded or if we are unable to identify the reservation, hopefully we will be able to address yours directly. If you would like to provide me with any additional feedback, please do not hesitate contact me at jana.gohl@sparklinghill.com.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 23 June 2016

This place is amazing! Spa is second to none. Multiple saunas including one that is -110 (yes, 110 degrees below!). The pools and hot tubs are amazing, but the views are like no other. Views everywhere in this report and the views are so pure, so clean - gets you relaxed and at one with nature!

IMPORTANT NOTE - the food was not good at all, do not eat at the resort until you hear they have made a full overhaul. My wife and I had room service one day & ate in their restaurant the next night. My wife also has a sandwich at the cafe for lunch one day. Every dish was bland as can be. WE have had friends who also ate there and said the exact same thing. I have had better steaks for $12.99 - and this cost me $50.

Room tip: We stayed in the penthouse - what an incredible experience with perfect views!!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkusKaulius
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

Dear Markus,

We appreciate you providing us with your feedback! It is fantastic that you found your stay to be amazing and spa to be second to none, it is the heart of the hotel! I am excited to hear that you tried our -110C Cold Sauna, it is a truly unique experience!

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our food, I will most certainly review this with our Executive Chef!

We look forward to welcoming you back and appreciate the opportunity you are providing us!

Reviewed 23 June 2016

The rooms, decor and ambiance of this hotel are like no other that I have experienced. The service provided makes you feel so valued. The spa itself and 12 sauna's are out of this world and the hotel is set in some of the most amazing landscape that BC has to offer.

I had a room with a view of the lake and my showers in the morning were breathtaking... The lights and crystals in the room make you feel as if you are in a magical getaway! I cannot wait to go there again and would love to attend with my spouse as this time I went solo!

Room tip: Choose Lake View and make sure to try the saunas!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for your review! It is delightful to hear what an amazing time you had with us! I am so happy that you felt valued based on the service provided by our team! I am also glad that you enjoyed showering so much every morning with the beautiful view.

We look forward to welcoming you back already, hopefully with your spouse or on your own!

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

First time visitors. I took my best friend for her birthday. We flew in from the island.
Beyond impressed with the staff and their kindness. Your resort is absolutely stunning.

Only downfalls were, absolutely no bar service at the pool. We found this to be quite shocking for a high end resort. It's nice to lay by the pool on a hot day and be offered a cocktail or even just a cold glass of water.

Breakfast was awful!! I don't normally ever complain, but for what we paid for our room (nearly $500 for one night) the breakfast buffet should be unreal. Not much for options. Very poor quality, no fresh cut up fruit. Things not replenished. I guess we just expected WAY more for such a high quality resort. Our dinner the evening before was to die for, and we were so excited to start the next morning with an amazing breakfast. We left hungry and dissapointed.

Besides that, our stay was wonderful. And so enjoyed the amenities and peacefulness of sparkling hill. A treat with no kids for a whole night!! Thank you for having us!

2  Thank Marina W

Dear Marina,

Thank you for your feedback. Happy belated birthday to your friend! It is excellent that you were impressed with our staff and their kindness, we are very fortunate to have such dedicated team members. I am sorry to hear of the areas that left you feeling disappointed, our complimentary breakfast buffet normally has over 25 items available and we normally receive positive feedback, we recently just added a Healthy Lifestyle corner based on guests feedback of more health oriented items. Items not being replenished is not acceptable and this will be reviewed with our Kitchen team.

Thank you for the opportunity to improve and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 21 June 2016

We stayed here this weekend and the hotel was beautiful however, we were very unhappy with the quality of the food at the resort..
Especially the breakfast. The desserts were great but the food was medicore. I’ve had multiple friends that have stayed at the hotel and had the same complaint about the quality of food at the hotel.
Also, it is odd that the outdoor pool/spa does not serve alcohol beverages. I have stayed at the Fairmont, four seasons, etc and all the spa/pools have their liquor license. In addition, curling irons or straighteners weren’t available for guests to use at the spa or the hotel. Fairmont always has these items available at the spa or at request in the rooms. To say the resort is luxury but cannot seem to accommodate such simple things is just unfortunate. Overall the amenities were great, food was not good.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank jdiep2016

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the food. Our complimentary breakfast buffet normally has over 25 items available, we have also recently just launched a new menu which has received a lot of positive feedback so I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy this, this will be reviewed with our Kitchen team.

Our focus is on relaxation and rejuvenation which is why we only provide infused water and tea’s in the KurSpa area and are not offering any alcoholic beverages in this area, I am sorry to disappoint you with this.

Thank you again for the opportunity to improve and we hope to see you again in the future!