2,108 results
All reviews sparkling hill infinity pool tea room cold sauna spa services swarovski crystals steam rooms and saunas peakfine restaurant valet parking lake view floor to ceiling windows couples massage spa area peak fine restaurant crystal fireplace course dinner spa experience
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Sparkling Hill Resort over Christmas, and with this being our first time there, we were blown away. This resort is truly a 5 star resort. We had valet parking and porters who took our bags right away while we checked in. Service at the front desk was exceptional. Once we got to our room, the porter showed us what was in the room, how to work the lights and put our bags on the luggage stand. The room was a double queen lakeview on the second floor and the view was spectacular. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. I would say out of all the places we've stayed at, including many 5 star resorts, this room was the most comfortable, well appointed room we've ever stayed in. Within minutes of being in our room, the front desk called to make sure our room was acceptable to us. Great service!

The Spa is massive and easy to get to from our room. There is a private elevator on the lakeview side where it takes you directly to the spa. You don't have to walk through the lobby with your robe and slippers on. There are many well thought out touches like this throughout the resort. The Steam/Sauna room is amazing and reminded me of some wellness spas in Europe. However, we did notice that not all the steam/sauna rooms reflect what they say in the brochure. Some rooms were suppose to have tranquil music playing and emitting certain fragrances, but there was no music and the only room that had a smell was the Rose Room. Since we've been to may spas before, I would higly recommend soft music to be played throughout the spa and to ensure that the rooms reflect what you advertise. Other then that, the steam/sauna rooms are very relaxing. There is however one other issue that is a problem at the spa. Canadians do not know how to spa. Everywhere we went either the steam rooms or the pool, people were loud and at one time, we had a pair of drunk women walking around with wine (which is not allowed according to resorts rules). What Sparkling Hill needs to do is have a Spa "warden", to go aound and make sure guests are being quiet and complying with the spa rules. This is especially important during the hour where guests are suppose to be clothes free (9-10 pm). We went down to the steam rooms to enjoy them without our clothes only to be gawked at by the other guests who were still wearing their swimsuits. In Europe, if this is to be a clothes free time, then everyone has to be naked, no exceptions. Again, a Spa warden needs to instill the rules so all can enjoy the spa equally.

We both had spa treatments as well, first a pedicure for both of us, which was great. I even got a free parafin wax treatment and then we went for a couples massage. My husband said it was one of the best massages he's ever had.

The food at the resort was excellent and their wine selection was fabulous. We ate at the resort the whole time. Also, during our stay, we got a plate full of cookies and a tree ornament left in our room. Again, these are some of the thoughtful gestures that really count. As we chekced out of the resort, they sent us on our way with more cookies and bottles of water. Overall, our experience at the resort was outstanding with only a few minor issues at the spa.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms are fabulous!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Laura S
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Wanted to repeat the most beautiful resort experience (last December my husband and I spent 2 nights on a special package at Sparkling Hill). Was very disappointed to discover that we cannot afford it any more: compare the rate of $375 per person!!! per day ( Whole Body Wellness package) and $260 per couple last year. Crazy!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa271
Reviewed 20 December 2011

My wife and I spent a weekend at Sparkling Hill in November on a special spa / accommodation package.

It is in a fairly remote, quiet and beautiful location, but still only 15-20 minutes from the civilization of Vernon. It has some of the most unique architecture of a hotel / spa I've ever seen - very distinctive.

Our lake view room was almost a work of art. Innovative lighting, a very comfortable bed, a nice sitting area, and a soaker tub overlooking the lake cover the main points. Most interesting perhaps is the Crystal 'Fireplace'. It's a lovely Swarovski sculpture in a fireplace type setting, lit from the bottom with LED lighting that changes colour. Adds a great ambiance to the room.

The spa itself is enormous, and extremely creative. The pools are great, and the view from the outdoor infinity pool is inspiring. The saunas and steam rooms are mostly themed, and a pleasure to be in. I'm not usually one to go in these types of rooms, but I went into these repeatedly. The Rose Petal steam room was my favourite. Also, the aqua therapy room was extremely relaxing - I could sit there for hours.

Service was overall good, but sometimes a bit uneven. Some of the staff realize that this is a 5 star type resort, and treat people accordingly - but some are just a bit too short for my liking. Better coordination between spa and front desk staff would be a good thing.

The only thing that stood out for me about Sparkling Hill is the alarm clocks in the rooms. For a relaxation spa which is top of the line pretty much everywhere, I was shocked to find the cheapest Wal Mart alarm clock in my room with no radio. The result is waking up to a hideous alarm clang. This is NOT relaxing. Even 3 star hotels these days use iHome clock radios that you can plug your iPhone or iPod into. This is however easy to fix, if the desire is there.

Overall though, I would strongly recommend this as a relaxing getaway for couples or individuals. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Take a lake view room - it is breathtaking...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tizmania
Reviewed 18 December 2011

This is by far one of the best over all, and most beautiful hotels I have stayed in. The rooms are spacious and well laid out, I love the view! With the property ontop of a hill you are pretty much guareteed a great view from the upper floors. The spa is great, and the saunas are awesome... watch out after 9pm during "clothing optional" time. There is no coffee in your room, which was my only dissapoint about the room, it would have been a great way to enjoy the view over a coffee. The staff were great at assiting me to get some faxing and copying done when needed. The breakfast buffet is great, however the service for dinner in the resteraunt has been slow the past few times I have been there. All in all this is a beautiful hotel and I look forward to my next trip!

Room Tip: upper floors are best, the lower ones dont capitalize on the fabulous views
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank laenamae
Reviewed 9 December 2011

My husband and I spent a weekend in November at the Resort. Our room had a spectacular view of the lake through the floor-to-ceiling window, and the natural decor and colours added to the serenity. We enjoyed the indoor salt water swimming pool, outdoor infinity pool, hot tub and various saunas. The spa area is amazing, as was our couples massage. A high point was our dinner. We decided on the chef's selection 5-course, which was outstanding. While the sandwiches at the Barrique were very tasty, the pastries with the coffee and at breakfast, did not match the high standard to be expected at such world class resort. As locals, this could be a very special spot to take visitors for coffee.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple