“Not their fault but not handled well.......”

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Ranked #704 of 1,216 Restaurants in Victoria
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Reviewed 11 January 2012

For all I know the lunchtime diners are still being held hostage. Their service went down and it was cash only but they didn't tell anyone til they went to pay their bill! My server said she would go find the manager and didn't show up again til I managed to find $14 in cash. She said this is a nickel, not a quarter, I need a quarter and after I exchanged the nickel for a quarter, I said ..and I need the four cents change. When I left they were still seating people wthout telling them....so I did. Management never showed up in the restaurant, no solution was offered. Lord help us all.....

Reviewed 10 January 2012

Used to take my Uncle and my Husband there, whenever in Victoria. They really care about their senior citizens - patient, caring and friendly. Swiss chalet does chicken the way we want it without too much spices and salt. The soup is great. I like desserts there too but the best part at this one is the service, always with a smile.

1  Thank ComoxBibian
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Please read my title.....I put everything there...
In short...the food was horrible..and I got food poisoning...am reporting to health department .t

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Swiss Chalet is a moderately priced Canadian restaurant chain renowned for their distinctive rostisserie cooked BBQ chicken - cooked over real charcoal and served with French Fries or other choices with their 'house' dipping sauce. In recent years Swiss Chalet has added BBQ ribs and other items to their menu.

As an expat Canadian, I hit Swiss Chalet whenever I visit Canada. Their chicken is mouth watering. The chain has restaurants in several Canadian provinces, but their main base is in Ontario where they have restaurants in dozenss of cities.

In BC, Swiss Chalet has a presence in only Burnaby, Surrey and Victoria. The Burnaby location in Vancouver is on a par with the best Swiss Chalets in Ontario. Haven't tried Surrey. While the Victoria restaurant serves authentic Swiss Chalet offerings, the location is small and a bit tired. We dined at 3pm and the food wasn't up to the usual Swiss Chalel standard - but maybe it was the time of day.

Whatever you do, be sure to visit a Swiss Chalet restaurant if you're ever in Canada. you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank ozeeboy
Reviewed 10 May 2010

Used to be one of our favorite places for a simple family meal. We'd get a lot of take out from this particular location, and lately we've been missing butter and sour cream for our potatoes. The last time we ordered, they forgot the sauce, butter, and cutlery. I called up to let them know the situation, because what's Swiss Chalet without the sauce? I was told by the person on the phone, who talked to the manager, that they couldn't do anything for me this time. It was a busy night and they just couldn't send someone over to give us sauce and butter. The reasoning behind it, was that they are "free items". Last time I checked, if I wanted extra sauce, I had to pay for it. There's a difference between something free, and something that's included in the price of a meal. They offered free sauce the next time I ordered, but I told them it would do me no good to have two sauces next time, and none this time. They didn't want to offer me any other kind of compensation, so I basically told them it would be the last time I'd order from them. We did complain to Swiss Chalet head office, and they offered us a 10$ gift card. Had the restaurant itself done that for us, we'd still order from there. Since the gift card was good at a few different locations, we decided to use the 10$ elsewhere. Guess the next time I eat at a Swiss Chalet will be when we visit somewhere not in the greater Victoria area.

1  Thank elfremi