All reviewsalexandria roomlovely libraryother guestsevery morningrockland areaamazing hostsgovernment housethe penthousebed and breakfastbeautiful neighborhoodcraigdarroch castlehighly recommend staying heregourmet breakfastromantic getawayjetted tubvictorian styledowntown victoria
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 2 lovely nights at the Villa Marco Polo. I was amazed we were able to find such luxurious lodging for the price - it pays to travel off-season!
The villa itself is stunning and incredibly well-appointed. It has the charm of a classy inn and it is obvious the owners and hosts take pride in the place. The gardens must be spectacular in the summer because I was impressed in March. Being from Colorado where everything goes dormant in the winter it was wonderful to see lush greenery this time of year.
Alex and Diana are fantastic hosts and great cooks! Loved the breakfast and coffee. The location is great. It is walkable to most of the sights if you have energy and good shoes, otherwise a $12 cab ride downtown. Americans can take advantage of the favorable exchange rate right now.
We found Victoria to be a very special place and would love to come back!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2018

The Villa Marco Polo is an amazing bed and breakfast located in a peaceful neighborhood. Hosts were wonderful and breakfast was delicious. It's located in an historic home, so there are some quirky elements, but it was very comfortable and the perfect place for our two days in Victoria.

Room Tip: Each room is unique. We sated in Persia...very spacious with large bathroom and partial ocean view.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2018

A beautiful house located in a residential area about a 12 minute taxi ride from downtown Victoria : rooms are well decorated and comfortable with a couple of sitting rooms available for guests. It has a pretty garden for those visiting in the summer months. The "innkeepers" were pleasant and helpful. However, if you are hoping for a breakfast that will keep you going for most of the day, you may be disappointed. There is no choice and it is available only at 8.30 : what you are given is effectively a small bowl of fruit ( one day grapes, the second melon ), a single muffin followed by a hot dish ( one day vegetable crepes, the next a herb soufflé ) and then, oddly, a type of desert which seemed at odds with a normal breakfast offering. It was all nicely cooked but not what many might expect.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom L
Reviewed 23 January 2018

This B&B was perfectly romantic in every way. The hosts were fantastic, the rooms so beautifully decorated, and the breakfasts were delicious and different every morning. One could not find a single thing out of place or to complain about. The flowers, the cake, the candles all just so wonderfully done. If you want a great wedding with no worries this is the place to book.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderfully decorated and views are beautiful.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

I was looking for an escape out of my routine and found myself getting exactly what I was looking for and more staying at the Villa.  The place is so beautiful with its majestic setting inside and out.  The room I stayed in was breathtaking and made me feel like a Princess for the weekend.  But what made my stay most enjoyable was Diana and Alex who run the Inn.  They are an amazing couple who are so attentive and welcoming.  They made me feel very comfortable and I never felt like an outsider during my stay.   It did feel like I was staying with family.  The breakfast is to die for!  Each course is unique in its own creative way and I did enjoy Alex’s description on each course we ate.  It made my breakfast more enjoyable.  Diana was very nice and knowledgeable around the area that has great recommendations on where to visit and eat.  All in all it was a great memorable weekend I spent at the Villa.  I will definitely come back again when I’m around area.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo