All reviews ping pong vw bus rotary phone hot tub fun hotel record player sweet suite free bikes retro theme funky hotel comic book ruby restaurant old style motel vw camper vinyl records pool and water slide shuttle downtown
Reviewed 9 September 2018

This hotel has a sixties theme with their décor. It was a treat to see all the sixties memorabilia through the rooms, office, etc. it was within walking distance to several nice restaurants. Be aware that this hotel does not have A/C bur fans are provided. Rooms were spacious and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Spent a few days in Victoria last month and stayed at The Zed. It was only a short drive to downtown, but they also provided daily shuttles, and bikes if you are so inclined. They had some really cute decor and activities in the rooms and in the lobby. They actually had a rotary phone in the room and instructions for how to use it. In fact, it very much felt as if they'd taken an old motel from 70s and freshened it up, but restocked it with things like 70s phones and board and parlor games. Overall, wacky enough atmosphere to leave an impression, service was very good, and the adjoining restaurant had a good breakfast. I'm glad I got the Zed sticker!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Rebecca H, Manager at Hotel Zed, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thanks for sharing this review, DougAndJacquie! So glad that we left a great impression and that you enjoyed our retro quirks. Hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards.

Rebecca
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in the sweet suite with 2 teenagers. Lots of room for us all and amenities in the room. You don’t stay here for a classy retreat but because it’s fun and you can explain vinyl and dial phones and board games to your kids! Food at the Ruby was amazing and great value. Good location - easy to find and get back to - we drove and used the car in Victoria as parking was easy and cheap. Only sadness is not having time for the pool and only finding the ping pong lounge as we left

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Jonathan W, Manager at Hotel Zed, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Hello Ruth C,

Thank you so much for staying with us at Hotel Zed and taking the time to post a review, we really appreciate it! I'm glad to hear the Sweet Suite was large enough for you and your family. Two queen beds, sofa bed and kitchen sure do come in handy! It's a shame you didn't get a chance to use our pool/waterslide, but it's a good excuse to come see us again soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

After staying in Vancouver in a fancy hotel, we were not sure what to expect. We spent two weeks travlling around on Vancouver island and in comfortable hotels, but Zed had it all: not far from downtown, free rides with the Zed van, and the pool ( I know that people complain about the noise, but that was nothing....) was cool. As well as everything available for the kids. Thank you staff for being so kind!
The only thing I missed (if I may): a "leave on, take one" book area where people can leave their books, so other people can browse and take a book for free. Or leave a book. I think that would be a very Zed thing to do.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Hi Laura R,

Thank you so much for the awesome review and I couldn't agree more with you on the leave a book, take a book program. I will suggest it to our manager and see if we can make it happen!

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Another stay at Hotel Zed, been there numerous times, first time renos not quite finished, no pictures etc hung. Always helpful at check in and out. Would be a great place for families, activities to keep kids busy right in the Hotel. The Restaurant, Ruby's is just off the Hotel Lobby, and always busy, had breakfast there both mornings. Service excellent, coffee refills keep coming, and the homemade strawberry jam was great. I wish I ate more in the morning, as the plates of food that passed by me looked awesome, waffles looked decadent. Noticed that they have construction workers stop there for breakfast, this time and on previous occasions, so that's usually a good indicator of quality and quantity..Lots of families eating there as well.
I was able to leave my bag there after I checked out, as my bus didn't leave until 6.00 pm., so was able to enjoy the Inner Harbour. Definitely a place I would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Hey Decogran,

Thank you so much for the great review and for being such a loyal Hotel Zed guest. Sounds like you where with us in the very early days!! Take care and we look forward to your next visit.