All reviews great location facing the courtyard royal theatre steam room secure parking within walking distance clean rooms small fridge front desk staff would definitely stay here again nice stay empress hotel per day checking out central location an easy walk king bed
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Lied to our team about price of breakfast. We had a confirmation of a price and when we arrived they wanted to charge us extra per player. They wouldn’t honour the price confirmation we had.

In regards to the hotel itself, old, not very clean, rude staff. Would not stay.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your response.

Having reviewed all the correspondence between you and the hotel, I can only conclude that we seriously dropped the ball on this one and that you have every right to be frustrated and disappointed with the communication breakdown regarding breakfast. On behalf of the whole team, please accept my sincere apologies for this, we will do an internal review of our procedures and make every effort to ensure this does not happen again. I have just sent of an e-mail to the organizer with more details on how we will remedy this issue with your group.

Please be sure to extend an apology to every member of the team. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to host your team so that we can provide you with a much better group experience.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

The good, check in was quick and the front desk were ready for our group of 22.

The lie:

Despite emails commencing August 23 and confirmation a week prior our pre-booked breakfast for 14.00 per person was changed to 19.80 per person after we checked in with a “oh by the way breakfast is 19.80 now as it is last minute”, despite showing the confirmation and emails commencing August 23 nothing changed. Ridiculous, lies, mis management and fraud. The hotel is dated, average in the clean department but a great location. Despite this, never again. Quality Inn = Fail.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your response.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

This place feels like a boutique hotel in any major city. Clean and comfortable with large rooms and an attached restaurant/bar. Good place to stay when in Victoria. You can walk to all the local attractions easily.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Charles,

Thank you so much for the lovely compliment, we are tickled pink to be compared to a boutique hotel. Our goal is to be a friendly, comfortable sanctuary for our guests, in a great location and at an affordable price.

Happy travels, we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

I really like the location of the Quality Inn Inner Harbor. It is walking distance to several tourist sights including the Royal BC museum and the Parliament Buildings. Shopping and restaurants are within an easy walk too. The rooms are spacious and the beds comfortable. The pool is quite small but big enough for the kids to have fun. The staff was friendly and informative.

Date of stay: August 2018
General M, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Genevieve,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our survey, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Of course, it's always great to receive good feedback on our service and staff, much appreciated.

Happy travels, we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Checked in to find pieces of toast.....yes toast under a chair and another in a drawer. Hair in the sink should not be the first thing you see at check in. The girl running the front desk was full of additude like it was my fault the room was dirty when I checked in, maybe she thought the toast and hair is a gift I didn’t thank her for?

The hotel doesn’t have AC so it is super stuffy and hot! The hotel has never had AC but the rude chick at the front desk claims it just broken.

There are far better and cleaner places to stay in Victoria.

Room tip: No AC so rooms cook
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey.

On behalf of the whole team, please accept my sincere apologies for the sub-standard Housekeeping. You are absolutely right, this is not acceptable. I would like to assure you, however, that this incident does not represent the usual, high standard of cleanliness that we usually offer our guests. This issue happened because your room was marked clean, by mistake. I am addressing the incident with the whole Housekeeping team to make sure it does not happen again. Also, I apologize if the Front Desk agent did not have a bit more empathy for the situation.

With regards to A/C, we do have a central cooling unit that forces air through the vents in each room. So, while we do not have individually controlled A/C, the current system is usually adequate to keep the rooms comfortable. Unfortunately, we did have a long spell of unseasonably hot weather so most of the rooms were quite warm during the day but did cool down by evening.

Thank you again for your feedback. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with our usual high level of service upon your next visit.