1,224 results
All reviews coach house evening appetizers foxglove room hors d'oeuvres rain shower no elevator claw foot tub four poster bed scones main building small hotel charming hotel other guests each morning residential area gourmet breakfast baked goods
Reviewed 9 June 2015

Abigail's was incredible. It's such a charming place. My room was delightful, I slept like a dream in the huge comfy bed and my bathroom was dreamy (That tub! That rain showerhead!). The front desk staff was very welcoming, gave me a tour and repeatedly offered to help with my bags.
They were helpful with directions and recommendations and offered to make me any reservations I needed. The location is very convenient to downtown, yet the hotel is so quiet you wouldn't know it's just a few short blocks from the main attractions downtown.
And the food was fantastic! I really enjoyed my breakfast tremendously -- I had a wonderful roll/pastry that had grapes and rosemary and walked the perfect line between sweet and savory. And the crepes were awesome -- I always worry about them being too sweet, but these were perfectly flavored.
Staying at Abigail's was kind of a splurge for me, and I'm happy to report it was completely worth it! It was so comfortable and relaxing. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank llissee
Reviewed 4 June 2015 via mobile

Spent 3 days here,part business,part fun. perfect location with first rate genuine service in every area of the property .rooms are understated luxury.would stay again without hesitation and recommend to friends.
We stayed in both the main building and the annex.preferred the main building just because of proximity to services but both are very nice.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Findlay Q
Reviewed 4 June 2015 via mobile

We stayed at Abigail's to get away from our busy lives. It offerd exactly what we needed.

The Ruby Double Room that we stayed at was so charming. The bath tub and shower were so cool,as it offered an old school feel. The beds were comfortable and allowed a great night's sleep. The bath robes, were a great touch. The welcome card was the cherry on top on personalizing our experience. There were cookies for us too! The charm was definitely in the details.

Loved the lounge; what a special corner. It reminded me of the Gryffindor Common Room! We played chess until 2 am and slept in the next day.

The staff were accommodating and professional.

The location was walking distance to downtown, which I hadn't expected it to be.

I would love to stay here again soon and I highly recommend it to people who want a special experience.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lilmissrichmond
Reviewed 2 June 2015

Wonderful place. Victoria is full of charm and elegance but the most memorable experience of our vacation was Abigail's. Attention to detail reaches a higher standard here than anywhere I've stayed in the past. The room was exquisite. Breakfast was sumptuous, prepared by a talented, particular chef and served by a charming and efficient staff. Every detail of the place has been carefully considered and attended to with an obvious "how can we make this better" approach. The rating doesn't do it justice. There are few places like this in the world. Forget the Empress. If you want to feel like one of the "privilaged class" out of Downton Abbey, treat yourself to stay here. It's where we plan to live...after we win the lottery.

Stayed: May 2015
2  Thank Jack G
Reviewed 2 June 2015

This is a real little find . The property is a fully renovated 1930's building and very pretty. The main building houses some bedrooms , plus breakfast room and lounge areas as well as the reception area . We stated in the ajoining coach house in a beautiful room. Large comfortable bed, lovely linen and nice big bathroom with tub. The bedroom also has an open fire. I thought it was very clean and well maintained . Staff are super friendly ( well it is Canada and I've not met a bad one yet ) breakfast is also a must as tye menu changes daily and its a great start to the day . It is true that its in what I would consider to be a residential area, but its only a short 10 min walk the hustle and bustle of the harbour area and large selection of bars and restaurants .. Abigails is a must do if you visit VI.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple