“Enjoyable Walking Tour of Victoria With Food Tastings”

A Taste of Victoria Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 33 Food & Drink in Victoria
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A Taste of Victoria Food Tours is a 2 hour guided historic walking and food tour through Chinatown, Old Town and the Inner Harbour of beautiful Victoria, B.C., Canada. Along the route guests will take part in 6-8 food tastings, while learning the vibrant history of this city.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We really enjoyed Andy's knowledgeable tour of Victoria. The food tastings were delicious and the walk through downtown Victoria gave us a great introduction for our vacation. Andy was personable, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about showcasing his city. We also enjoyed meeting owners from some local companies that we visited on the tour.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Atasteofvictoria, Owner at A Taste of Victoria Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hello!

Thank you for the positive feedback. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the tour and getting to know the local owners. I do certainly have a passion for my city and the food and history in it; so I’m glad that that came through during the tour. I hope the rest of your vacation went well here in Victoria.

All reviews
"great tour"
in 22 reviews
"pierogi"
in 7 reviews
"history tour"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 10 reviews
"food establishments"
"cool facts"
"from place to place"

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The guide is personable and knowledgeable of both the city's history and the backstory of the vendors visited, the vendors interact with the tour group which is a nice touch, the food is scrumptious and it can help you get your bearings in a new city.

Atasteofvictoria, Owner at A Taste of Victoria Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hello Mel,

Thank you for the positive feedback. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the history and the food on tour. The vendors are certainly passionate people and add a lot to the route. I hope the rest of your time in town went well and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I did this with my 2 teenage daughters on a quick visit To Victoria. Andy was great, the 2 hours flew by and we learned some cool facts and had some yummy food. We went back to quite a few of the places later on our own for more. We highly recommend this tour!

Hello Denise,

Thank you for the positive review and photos! It was enjoyable having your group on tour last week and I’m glad to hear that you made it back to some of the stops on your own. I hope the rest of your time in town went well and I look forward to seeing you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We had a great time on this tour. Not only was there fun food choices, but some history on the city. We went back to a few of the spots and bought more, like the balsamic vinegar store. After the tour, we were given a voucher to try a half pint of beer at a local pub. Great way to end!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Atasteofvictoria, Owner at A Taste of Victoria Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hello Folks,

Thank you for the excellent review. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the vendors enough to want to go back! They are certainly passionate people as you probably noticed from the tour. I’m glad you took me up on my offer of the beer tasting and I hope that was a nice way to finish things off.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Andy Olson gave a superb walking tour of some awesome eateries in downtown Victoria. We not only had a taste of unique foods, but learned about some of the historical highlights of the city. Andy showed his passion for both subjects. Very well done.

Hello,

Thank you for the positive feedback. I’m really glad to hear you enjoyed both the historical and food offerings during the tour. My city has a lot of good parts of each and I’m pretty proud of it as you probably noticed from the tour. I look forward to crossing paths again in the future.