“Hot dogs with a twist”

Cuisines: American, Japanese
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 25 May 2019 via mobile

Found out about Japadog while researching good eats in Van, and put it on my must eats list. Then coincidently it was just outside my hotel! Got the number 1 as it’s the classic seaweed sprinkled, mayo & teriyaki sauce hot dog pick, and it was juicy, saucy and alittle different (seaweed on a hotdog, who knew!). I was surprised by the price, $10 for a dog. So not $ more like $$ for the quality, it’s still a hot dog. I would go again :)

Reviewed 11 May 2019 via mobile

I had my first hotdog from Japadog
It was OK
I wasn’t completely wowed, but I was more impressed With how proudly the staff were selling and promoting their products which got me to like it more than I did!
I bought this from a hotdog stand while attending a farmers market.

2  Thank AccessibleTravelGuy
Reviewed 3 May 2019 via mobile

After seeing Japadog on one of Anthony Bourdain's travel shows I had to have one when I visited Vancouver. I ordered the classic kurabato terimayo dog, I found the sauce quite sweet but with a bite of nori it balanced out nicely and the sausage was excellent. A must for AB fans and fans of mystery meat in tubular form!

Reviewed 30 April 2019 via mobile

From a small bright red food truck japadog is a cool and unusual thing, hotdogs with a twist, I had number 1. Kurobata terimayo which had nori in it but very nice. Loved their t shirt branding too - refer attached photo

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 24 April 2019

Serving foodie hot dogs with challenging combinations. I tried, I really did, but found that these really aren't to my taste. They are popular and you might be more lucky than me in finding a new personal fave.

Date of visit: November 2018