“Now I know why it's hard to get reservations!”

Osteria Savio Volpe
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Savio Volpe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 4,120 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: USD 15 - USD 31
Description: Osteria Savio Volpe is a restaurant styled after the classic osteria - rustic fare in the Italian tradition of freshness and regionality, using groceries gathered in the nearby lakes, oceans, farms and fields. Everything is prepared in the simplest, most flavourful way; pasta is handmade fresh every day – fatto a mano in casa – and meat, poultry and fish are kissed by smoke over the wood-fired grill and rotisserie. And of course, a long list of friendly Italian wines and old world coffee to inspire conversation and good cheer among friends, family and strangers alike. Above all else, Osteria Savio Volpe celebrates liveliness, warmth and hospitality.
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Went here for dinner with my wife. It's really difficult to get a reservation at this restaurant, so I had to get a 5pm seating on a weekday, otherwise you need to book 3 or 4 weeks in advance.

From the outside, I thought it would be very dark space, but was completely wrong when we stepped inside. It was the opposite - a very light and airy feel. It's very nice.

What we had:
1) Carne Cruda - My favorite dish of the night. Full of flavor, paired with a warm bread, it was stunningly good. When the server noticed we used up all our bread, he quickly provided an extra serving of bread at no charge.
2) Kale - Good. Kale was crisp, with lots of the flavor coming from romano and texture from the pangrattato.
3) Tagliatelle - Good quality pasta and nice sauce.
4) Suckling Pig/Porchetta - OK. The crispy skin was good, and the porchetta was OK, but a tad dry. I didn't think the salsa verde paired that well with the meat.
The server mentioned that you should order about 2 dishes per person, but I felt that 3 would've have been more than sufficient for the both of us. They were good sized dishes.

Service was fantastic. Staff were attentive and friendly and were constantly cleaning our table between dishes. Water glasses are small, but they constantly refilled it so it was never less than half full.

Plenty of street parking around the area.

Overall a good meal at a good price accented by great service. I would defintely consider coming back.

1  Thank Roary_and_Friends

Reviewed 16 March 2017

The interior was a very warm atmosphere. How was the food?

Wild boar ragu pasta was very tasty and creamy. $18
Beet salad was very refreshing. $16. Great recommendation by our waitress.
The lamb was spiced really well and meaty. $30.

All three dishes were above average. Everything was great. The only downside is the portion size. Based on the price paid, it'd be nice to get a bit more food but I understand this is restaurant business.

I can't comment enough about the service. Our waitress was very attentive and warm. If you are looking for somewhere new to try, I'd suggest trying this place at least once.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Superb restaurant. Went with a party of 7 and the service was quick and attentive in a cozy and relaxed atmosphere. We had the family style meal which allowed us to try multiple items from their menu which was great as every dish they bought out was fantastic. Highly recommend

Reviewed 7 March 2017

Very creative menu of share plate delicacies. The Burrata Peach Mostardo (warm, gooey, cheese ball),served with Garlic crostini was amazing. The Kale Salad (that's right Kale) was delicious, the best I have ever had. This place has found the recipe for customer satisfaction: Very attentive friendly service, fabulous food served with pride in a stylish environment. Our server Ali was very professional and she made some very good recommendations. We be back often.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

We arrived at 5pm at opening and were seated quickly. We started with the Bagna Cauda which I would highly recommend as an appetizer, big but worth it. The service was some of the best I have seen in Vancouver and all of the dishes were interesting and delicious. We are definitely going back ... soon.