“Rabbit and shrimp sambas”
Review of Bodega on Main

Bodega on Main
Ranked #592 of 4,098 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighbourhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Neighbourhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Sambas was great but the rabbit in tomato sauce was lacklustre - the meat not that tasty in fact not even gamy perhaps that’s intentional but i was expecting a rich flavour on the sauce but not just there.

I might have just picked the wrong dish - the service is great and the place quite interesting.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant reminded me and my husband very much of the little tapas restaurants we ate at in Europe, Spain to be specific. The tapas here are delicious and there is such a wide range of food to chose from. The service was prompt and friendly. Over all a great experience! I will definitely be back again!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

As soon as I walked in I knew we would have a great meal, and Bodega did not disappoint.

It's a beautifully decorated restaurant. Staff were pretty helpful when picking out dishes.

We ordered almost every appetizer on the happy hour menu.

Patatas bra as were fresh and hot, nicely spiced. The quantity was larger than the other appetizers.

Serrano ham was very good but just not as exciting compared to other dishes. There were 4 large, thin slices of well marbled meat.

Bruschetta had decent flavour but the bread did not hold up well. We ate one piece and by the time we were ready for the second the bread was too soggy to be very appetizing. It's a typical problem I guess - At least it proves it's real food haha :)

Meatballs were to die for! So tender and delicious. I'd definitely return for these. The dish came with I believe 4 meatballs.

Calamari was the best I've had in a long time. Breading was light and flavourful.

Chicken was tasty but skin/coating was so crispy that we had trouble biting into parts of it without hurting the roofs of our mouths. I still tried to eat it, a testament to its good flavour!

We ordered the seafood paella to share while waiting for appetizers - we should probably have not done it as the portion size was massive. It's beautifully presented on its own metal tray, and heaped with seafood - clams, mussels, prawns. There was also chorizo which I enjoyed. Rice was delicious too. The paella takes about 30 mins to prepare (noted on the menu).

I'd definitely go back, but maybe as a date? It was noisy and a bit hard to talk business (we didn't know what to expect and that is not reflected in my review).

Bar looked well stocked and busy, might try a drink too next time.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

After spending a month in Barcelona we recently arrived for a month in Vancouver. Coming here for many years we were pleased to see a new rendition of an old Downtown Spanish restaurant had opened. “Bodega on Main” was hopping with an attractive eclectic crowd likely due to offering a large selection of tapas with ample portions and reasonable pricing. Crossing our fingers for a good Spanish dining experience we ordered traditional Serrano ham, pan con tomato and Gambas (shrimp sautéed in garlic & oil)...and Paella Mista (seafood), one of 3 offered. As I said, we had just returned from Barcelona so our expectations were “cautiously optimistic”. And we were not disappointed, as a matter of fact we were delighted. Flavors were decidedly Spanish and offerings beautifully presented. Glad to have found a small piece of Spain here in Vancouver.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Had dinner to this restaurant wth friends to try their Paelle Negra. Took a while to arrived but it’s worth the wait as the food was good. Seafoods were fresh. The place is a bit tight and very noisy as it’s busy. Very pricey too.