“Good food and excellent service”

Osaka Tappanyaki Steak House
Ranked #1,131 of 3,915 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Granville
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Pleasant dining experience, our chef, I believe his name was James went out of his way to make this an entertaining evening. I had filet mignon and my husband had chicken teriyaki, my steak was good but the chicken was probably the best I've tasted in any Teppanyaki restaurant , it was moist and flavourful. Sides were fresh and plentiful. Soup and salad to start were a little bland but this was a minor thing, overall I would certainly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

I been to alot of teppenyaki so the flame onion volcano is nothing new. That pretty much it for their trick. The food ranges 30 to 65$. Food is nothing great you can get the same from edo food court in a mall expect for the scallop and lobster. But for first timer i guess they would be amazed. Rice is all you can eat.

Reviewed 27 May 2016

I have been to this type of Japanese Steak House a few times, and this one is very good. I can say that the food was 'superb' and the entertainment during dinner was excellent.

If you have been to a Japanese Steak House, you know to expect a 'show' with the food preparation, communication and presentation. The Chef we had did a great job. He made every effort to entertain us, and was pretty skilled with the 'show'. He also threw in a few 'extra' things for our enjoyment. He also made sure we had enough drinks and rice, etc.

Some may have experienced a new Chef perhaps? I know that our Server was new and being trained and she made every effort to make our visit enjoyable.

The price was not expensive at all for what we received. The bill was actually lower than I expected.

Some people just need to lighten up a bit and not be so critical and enjoy the show...

I would definitely visit here again.

The ONLY drawback, is the lack of close parking. They may pay for parking at one of the lots around the corner, I suggest calling first. We arrived when they opened and there was no parking out front of the restaurant on the street for a couple hours. Just do a little research before your trip....

Enjoy!

Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

My first time to go for Tepanyaki and really was looking forward to it. Staffs , seating and parking were ok. Our chef has tried his best to make the meal more enjoyable especially it was a celebration for my son's 30th Bday. Thank you for the effort. Food was just ok, except that plating wasn't done as it should have been presented. You can never tell anymore what I have ordered ( Lobster and Steak and vegetables). Everything was dumped on my plate on top of each dish. And the cloth it was used to cleanup the cooking surface can make you cringed with worry because it was just blackened from all that grease and what else. Please change it occasionally.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Has their steak and lobster- great option! I shared with my boyfriend and we still ended up taking food home so come on an empty stomach! More casual atmosphere compared to Kobe downtown, but the food was just as good and prices are better. Our chef was amazing, so funny and kept us entertained the whole time! Great place for a birthday or just a night out. Will be back for sure!