“Great food and great atmosphere”

Minerva Pizza & Steak House
Ranked #541 of 3,912 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Kerrisdale
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Went to this family-style restaurant on a Saturday night for the first time . Greeted by owners as we stepped in the door. Although place was busy, we were seated immediately as we had reservations. Waitress was attentive. We ordered pizza, lamb and cream sauce pasta. Food came in a reasonable period of time and was tasty and hot. Definitely would go back again.

1  Thank gary w

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

When I come to Vancouver every couple of months to spend time with my mom, we usually have one dinner here during my visit. It's great for both of us... I love the Mediterranean chicken and she enjoys the choices in appetizers. She was delighted to learn they'll serve a single lamb chop! The first time she ordered it, it was excellent. But the second time, it was chewy so she went back to ordering garlic prawns.

I loved everything about my recent Chicken Mediterranean dinner. The flavours are lip-smackingly good, and the lemon roasted potatoes have great taste and texture. I usually forgo the rice and ask for an extra potato instead. The in-house made pita is delicious and fresh, and they'll bring you olive oil and balsamic vinegar if you ask. Already looking forward to my next meal there...

1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed 16 February 2017

Never disappointed in anything I have ordered here. Staff is great and super efficient. My favourites are the small filet mignon and the number 29 pizza! The filet is the best I have had in Vancouver. You can cut the meat with your fork!

1  Thank Bill7123
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

It is easy to dismiss this long-standing neighborhood restaurant as just another rote pizza joint, but that would be a mistake!

After a substantial reno/expansion, they reopened, better than ever. The food is consistent, fresh, well prepared and delish! Try the sautéed garlic jumbo prawns as a starter to share. Fabulous! Their chicken strips are juicy and crispy too. Excellent kalamari and oh! That pizza!

Great little neighborhood pub/lounge attached too so if you're looking for a place where "everybody knows your name", check it out!

All this, great service and a warm, friendly atmosphere makes this one of my top picks for a Kerrisdale anytime meal.

1  Thank Gufica2015
Reviewed 28 December 2016

Just had dinner with a group of friends, even with a reservation for 6:30pm we had to wait for over 10 minutes.
Restaurant is over crowded and very loud, the 6 of us couldn't carry a conversation except with the person sitting next to me.
I'd say the average guests age was 50 yrs old minimum
I had mushroom ravioli with gorgonzola sauce. The sauce was so heavy and thick, it was gross and I couldn't taste the gorgonzola
And it is definitely on the expensive side
Will not go back
Open for dinner only

As for Greek food I will continue to go to Kalamata restaurant . The VERY best!

1  Thank Magali D