“Authentic Japanese Izakaya”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Reviewed 2 June 2017

We went with a Japanese native who lives in Vancouver and she couldn't stop smiling. It was her first time there, and won't be her last. If you're looking for real Japanese Izakaya, this is the place. If you aren't looking for authentic, don't go! Next door is a Japanese dessert place, which is a perfect way to end a perfect meal.

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Went for a bite and a pitcher of cold beer. The food came fast and hot. Very tasty. Nice staff. The gyoza was excellent. The fish was a bit fishy for me and I love fish. Not sure what type it was. The dried fish was interesting. It was good to explore. Well worth the visit.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

I attended with my son who just returned from living in Tokyo for 8 years, dining out most days AND agree this is well worth everything good said about it. DRAFT Asahki beer as well to accompany the many morsels...TRY the deep fried chicken skins, chicken karage to start. You will enjoy!

Reviewed 15 July 2016

I ate here some 15 years ago and I'm glad that it's still here churning out good food. I tried their tuna tartare, beef tartare, raw squid with Korean spicy sauce and avocado, gyozas and water spinach gomae. Everything tastes great. Would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

Great food !!! I had the peanut udon soup and it was incredible . Very clean and good service . I definitely recommend this place