“Great gyoza and awesome raw food”
Review of Gyoza King - CLOSED

Gyoza King
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Reviewed 15 July 2016

I ate here some 15 years ago and I'm glad that it's still here churning out good food. I tried their tuna tartare, beef tartare, raw squid with Korean spicy sauce and avocado, gyozas and water spinach gomae. Everything tastes great. Would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

Great food !!! I had the peanut udon soup and it was incredible . Very clean and good service . I definitely recommend this place

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 1 July 2016

Friendly, popular small restaurant serving wonderful Japanese food - absolutely delicious, mid priced, and highly recommended! Many thanks.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

We ordered 3 servings of gyozas (around 6.5 each) and a smoked/dry squid appetizer and were more than plenty for our dinner. The staff is nice and the food authentic (we had just spend 2weeks in Japan a month prior). Plenty of options for both food and drinks on the menu. Good prices for cocktails. When we arrived, around 7pm during a week day it was not crowded at all and we were seated right away. Just advise to order it all together if you can. We ordered an extra portion of gyozas later and it took a while to come.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 10 December 2015

This small place has been a long time favorite for Vancouver chefs to have a quality meal after a full day of cooking for others. Perhaps not as busy as in its heyday but I hate waiting for a seat and here I seldom have to. Renowned for there gyoza but many other cooked dishes as well. The servers are generally delightful younger Japanese women here learning English.

Date of visit: December 2015