“Great gyozas with good price”
Review of Gyoza King - CLOSED

Gyoza King
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

We ordered 3 servings of gyozas (around 6.5 each) and a smoked/dry squid appetizer and were more than plenty for our dinner. The staff is nice and the food authentic (we had just spend 2weeks in Japan a month prior). Plenty of options for both food and drinks on the menu. Good prices for cocktails. When we arrived, around 7pm during a week day it was not crowded at all and we were seated right away. Just advise to order it all together if you can. We ordered an extra portion of gyozas later and it took a while to come.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

This small place has been a long time favorite for Vancouver chefs to have a quality meal after a full day of cooking for others. Perhaps not as busy as in its heyday but I hate waiting for a seat and here I seldom have to. Renowned for there gyoza but many other cooked dishes as well. The servers are generally delightful younger Japanese women here learning English.

Reviewed 21 November 2015 via mobile

I ate here twice during a recent vacation. Aweome food, authentic Japanese vibe and staff. Nice rice! I will go back.

Reviewed 16 September 2015

We had sushi and tempura and all were good, not great. The atmosphere was nice and casual and service very prompt and friendly. I would recommend this place for lunch or a casual dinner.

Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

The food, service, decor and atmosphere are so much fun here. The gyoza are amazing. In addition to the many types of gyoza, they have a large menu that includes noodles, soups and other japanese dishes. If you find the menu confusing, the friendly staff are happy to make recommendations. My favourite recommendation was the Salmon Avocado Yukke -I'd never had a raw quail egg before, but once you stir it into the salmon mixture, it's incredible! Adding to the fun atmosphere is a wall of funky pinball machines.