“Expensive” 4 of 5 bubbles

Loden Hotel
Ranked #5 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
“Expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We knew this hotel was gonna be more expensive but we were not expecting 4 different taxes on top of the regular hotel price. There was a hotel tax, Vancouver tax, olypocs tax ( from the last Olympics!) And parking tax.

The staff was friendly and helpful but everything was very over priced! Beware of the taxes and hidden fees!!!

• Stayed March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Port Vila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

My partner and I decided to stay at the Loden as a small trea for ourselves - a getaway from home, in our home town! And it didn't disapoint.

The staff are well mannered and friendly. The place is welcoming and very clean. The room sare super high tech and very spacious. The bed is divine - as are the sheets and pillows - best bed I've ever stayed in I think!
There is a lot of light - and despite having many buildings all around the hotel you don't feel like you're squashed against someone else's window.
the bathroom is spacious and well designed - with the exception of the shower, where the caulking to the door doesn't seal properly and so you may end up with a bit of a pond!!!
The shampoo/conditioner and lotion goodies are heavenly - Molton Brown. Simply the best.
Another small issue we had was no hot water when we came home late at night - but the staff was very accomodating in providing us a kettle for filling the tub! We waited for (albeit quite) a while and it sorted itself out.
There is an excellent selection of snacks should you feel tempted - and the restaurant at the bottom of the hotel is said to have won several awards. Even if you decide to eat somewhere else you won't have to walk far.

Enjoy!!!

Room Tip: We pikced a room facing the street -which was nice as lots of window space
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

My husband and I booked our stay at The Loden about a month before our trip to Vancouver. Two days before our arrival, I became curious to see what hotel rates were looking like and found they had gone down by $30! I left a message with the hotel reservation line around 9:30 pm and was surprised to get a call back from Emma at the front desk minutes later. I told her what I had found online and she happily lowered the rate on my reservation. I asked her a quick question about valet parking and that was that. We hung up the phone and I received a confirmation e-mail with my lowered rate shortly thereafter. But Emma called me again later that night to tell me that if I was planning on parking it might be a good idea for me to upgrade to the Bed & Breakfast package, which included parking and breakfast, and would be cheaper than adding on parking as an extra charge at the end. I was so grateful that she called me to back to offer that! Such service! We arrived two hours before check-in and not only we were able to get our room right away, but we also found that we were upgraded to a corner room! The room was so nice, with floor-to-ceiling windows on two walls. The bathroom was great, with a separate bath & shower. After dinner going out to dinner, my husband and I came back to the hotel and ordered room service - warm, fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies - and relaxed in the cozy bed. Since we upgraded to the Bed & Breakfast package we had continental breakfast at Tableau the next morning, which was great - much nicer than what I typically imagine as "continental breakfast". Living in Seattle, we have gone to Vancouver many times, and I like to try to different hotels to get a new experience, but I think I may have found my go-to hotel in The Loden. I don't think it can be beat! We'd like to give a special thanks to Emma at the front desk and Sean the valet, for going the extra mile and making us feel like valued guests.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tarapoff
Jill F, Manager at Loden Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Hello Tarapoff,

Here at the Loden we love to take that extra step to 'surprise' our guests with truly exceptional genuine service and am glad to see we have succeeded during your recent visit. All of your comments regarding our Loden Team have been shared and they would like to pass on a thank you for your very kinds words. Along with our Bed & Breakfast Package we offer many great valued packages directly on the specials and packages page located on our website.

See you soon,

Jill Forbes
Reservations Manager
Honolulu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

We had a wonderrful stay at the Loden in February, 2012. From beginning to end everyone was gracious and helpful. The room was beautifully appointed (wonderful sheets!) and the partial water view was exactly that - the lower half of the view out the window was of a building but the upper half of the view was water, sky, boats and beautiful. I would definitely recommend this hotel - the location, one very short block from Pike Place Market in one direction, a short walk to the sky train and downtown shops in the other - is fantastic.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Jill F, Manager at Loden Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Good Afternoon TutuNeneHonolulu

First of all thank you taking the time to offer some great feedback on your recent stay with us. I agree with you that we offer some of the finest linens including wonderful sheets and custom beds for all of our guests to experience. Plus our great location close to the convention centre, shopping, & restaurants and much more makes it ideal for both business and leisure travelers. All of our 'gracious and helpful' staff hope to see you again on your next trip to Vancouver.

Cheers,

Jill
Reading, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed at the Loden for a few weeks. Every day the staff at the desk both morning and evening were so cheerful but not intrusive. They could not do enough to help. The standard of the accommodation was excellent and as someone who has stayed in a number of hotels this is by far the best. The quality of the accommodation and the accessories were second to none. The restaurant prices are very competitive for the area but the quality and service outshone the others.We are so pleased that lots of others have given such good reviews as it is a testament to how excellent it is. Would we go back - definitely - and can't wait.
To the staff, management and owners - we can't thank you enough.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Jill F, Manager at Loden Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Good Afternoon Mark W,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the Loden and our amazing team. We set the standards high for ourselves and it is always nice too have our efforts recognized. I hope to see you on another 'cheerful but non instrusive' visit to the Loden in the near future.

Cheers,