The Centre in Vancouver for Performing Arts

Reviewed 14 May 2013
ValerieWhitchelo
Vancouver, Canada
Fantastic concert venue

For years I've been going to concerts in Vancouver, many within a couple blocks of this place yet I... read more

Reviewed 6 August 2018
Ydnar
Kamloops, Canada

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Vancouver
from USD 88.52
from USD 65.42
from USD 192.43
More Info
All reviews cheapest seats sight lines usher acoustics stage
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The The Centre in Vancouver for Performing Arts is now closed. They still have a Nutcracker at Christmas, but Broadway shows no longer show here.

Date of experience: December 2013
5  Thank coalharborvan
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We (a threesome - two seniors & daughter) went to The Centre last Sunday to attend an afternoon performance of this year's Goh Ballet production of 'The Nutcracker'.

Like last year, it was a very special event, and this year, made even more special with the day being my birthday, and the event, my Christmas treat to my ladies!!

The Centre: since we were there last, was 'bright & sparkling', with many new renovations (especially to the lobby areas - at the main floor entrance, and on each level above), and more staff.

The Nutcracker: was a sheer delight!! With the sets, costumes, choreographies, and that wonderful (and loud!!) Tchaikovsky score, we were kept quite "spellbound" from the start to the finish!!

The Centre, and Goh Ballet's 'The Nutcracker' ... for us, another most-winning and enjoyable combination!!

Date of experience: December 2013
2  Thank johnny2bc
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We last visited the Performing Arts centre last June to watch our sons girlfriend perform in a flamenco. The venue is large and perfect for a performance with many people on the stage.

Date of experience: June 2012
Reviewed 3 January 2013

The building is a beautiful place to see a multitude of arts. The sound is excellent, the viewpoints really good and the seats comfortable.

Date of experience: February 2012
Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

I went there recently for a GNO whit my family and I think it was a wonderful evening. We had a great time watching 'the bad boys of dance'!! Beautiful architecture makes you feel like royalty when entering. Definitely worth a visit!

1  Thank Jen K