“Great Experience”
Review of West Oak

West Oak
Reserve with OpenTable
West Oak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #175 of 4,153 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Nelson Street
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I went to the West Oak on march 2018 with a group of 11 friends, half adults and half kids. We didn't have a reservation. The staff of the restaurant was incredibly accomodating and helpful. The food and cocktails were amazing and we had the greatest time.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Went last week 8 of us. Our server was very attentive but not phoney. Service speed was excellent as was the food. For Vancouver the prices were very reasonable. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We went there on short notice and were able to get a table on the covered/heated patio. Very busy, lots of enthusiastic diners. Noisy inside but much easier to hear each other on the patio. Decent wine list. Appetizers very tasty, we shared crab cakes and calamari and as good as I’ve had in Vancouver. For my entree I had the Sablefish and it was beautifully cooked, just right, nice and moist. Great job! Other family members had equally enjoyable dinners. Prices are on par with other seafood restaurants. I thought it was excellent and good value for money. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We had a large group of friends and got into this place easily for brunch on a weekend. Food was great. Patio was nice. But service was very slow.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

A business dinner had a few of us at West Oak last night. After hearing about this spot for a while it was high time I tried - and I was thrilled. Service - excellent. Our server was attentive and professional. Food was exceptional. We shared three starters; chinois prawns, tuna tataki and the calamari. All very good but the prawns stuck out as a clear winner. I could have a plate of those and be happy!! My main was the lamb shank and it was perfection - one of the best shanks I’d had. The table shared the Brussel sprouts and they were similarly excellent. The owner came by and checked in - from start to finish a great experience. I’ve found my new favourite Yaletown restaurant!

Date of visit: February 2018