“Mouth Watering food ”

Price range: USD 20 - USD 32
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Commercial Drive
Description: Absinthe Bistro offers modern and classic french cooking on Commercial Drive
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with my family a couple months ago and it was amazing. Every meal we ordered was something to be in awe of and our taste buds were ecstatic. The atmosphere is awesome and they have beautiful vintage chandeliers. We met the owners while we were eating and the lady was nothing but polite.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a fancier dinner or to impress a date.

Also try the absinthe cocktails !

Great experience all around

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We came here around 18:00 without reservation, and told no available spaces. After leaving it and looking around, the waitress found us and told that they have arranged a table for us for 90 minutes, that is really kind.

The food is good. The entree is very beautiful and special, with good taste. The main is also good. The dessert is excellent which may be the best chocolate dessert I've ever had.

1  Thank 937meit
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Located just outside downtown Vancouver, I would definitely recommend this restaurant. It's cozy, there are about 25 seats. The menu and the dishes were top quality.
Cory and Juliana received our group of 19 family and friends as kings. We were not asked to choose from a reduced menu. Instead, they managed to serve us with only two other staff. Amazing...
The food was delicious, and the wine list was a perfect mix of BC, Italian and French wines.
This restaurant makes an impressive big difference with the larger known restaurants in the city center, where we were asked to pre-order or limit our choice because we were a group of 19.
PS: The bus stops right next door, it's a 15 min. ride from Seymour St x W Hastings St

1  Thank OVGDB
Reviewed 21 July 2017

This drive bistro serves a seasonal menu with prix fixe options. The food is remarkably well prepared & presented. The best part is that the portions are not so small as to elicit the potential cringe that a hungry male may make when weighing the price to food ratio. The sablefish was prepared perfectly; seared, yet incomprehensibly tender throughout & not a hint of overcooking. The sauces on my appy & main were so scrumptious I mopped them up with the bread - yummy. My fish binge of tuna & salmon ceviche followed by the sablefish filet was very satisfying. The exposed ceiling & tile floor make for a rather boisterous atmosphere, a minor consideration for those seeking complete solitude while they eat.

2  Thank drumz
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We went for my wife's birthday. She had the ceviche appetizer and sable fish as a main, which she said was great. I had the beef which was also good. We ate on the small patio - which offers a 'colourful' view of the locals. It's a small quaint restaurant with a limited menu but well prepared and presented. They provided a nice birthday plate and candle for her. The service was outstanding and we would definitely recommend it. Keep in mind it's only open for dinner.

1  Thank Jammer05