“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #189 of 4,146 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shaughnessy
Description: In the Fairview neighborhood of Vancouver.
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Came here on a whim after doing some nearby business mainly because it looked inviting... beautiful artifacts and knick knacks which transport you to Southeast Asia. Seated promptly and ordered Pad Thai and Pepper beef. Generally speaking I was very impressed with the food; the only negative being the beef was a little less tender than desired. Price was reasonable and service was quick and pleasant. If I could I would rate this a 4.8 stars.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

My wife and I annually spend a month in Vancouver. We always include a meal at the Red Ginger. The owner, Kam, is gregarious and runs a great restaurant. The Chinese Singaporean cuisine is excellent. I am a vegetarian while my wife isn’t. We have no problem finding numerous dishes from which to choose. The noodle dishes are a favorite. My wife loves the coconut milk rice. The dishes can be mild to hot. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We came in with sort of a large group and were accommodated in a very friendly way. Service was fast and the portions were large. The food was very tasty, everyone in our group enjoyed their food. The people who own the restaurant are very friendly. We loved this place.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Ginger beef, curried prawns, calamari, many great dishes. Food is cooked to perfection, crisp vegetables, tender beef, great variety of sauces. We had a family dinner here and the service was fantastic. The food arrived piping hot and well spaced. Deep fried bananas and generous scoops of ice cream were a complimentary gift for the group, so thoughtful.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Friendly attentive service, delicious food and comfortable surroundings.
We tried 3 dishes and all were fresh and tasty. We were surprised to be treated to a lovely dessert of fried bananas and ice cream. Definitely will return to try other dishes off their large varied menu.

Date of visit: August 2018