“Big thumbs up”
Review of Art Wheelers - CLOSED

Art Wheelers
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This was a unique and most interesting way to experience some of Vancouver's public art. I would bet thousands of people pass by these pieces every day without much thought; but taking time to have the history and creation of the art explained made for a delightful 2 (Ok, 2 1/2 )hours. Our guides were very engaging, well researched and vey willing to engage in discussion. And doing it on bicycles, at a comfortable/easy pace, got us to many pieces of art that we wouldn't have been able to take in by walking, nor could have got as close on a bus.Thank you Carol-Ann & Astrid. Highly recommended for both residents and visitors !
(Details at www.artwheelers.com 0

Reviewed 18 August 2012

I'm visiting from out of town this week and wanted to find a unique way to explore the city. After reading the reviews for Art Wheelers, I thought it would definitely offer a different activity for an evening. You'll learn about public art around Vancouver, and if you're not from the Van, you'll also find out more about city. The tour guide was excellent and the ride was totally doable, even on my rental bike. I would recommend the Art Wheelers to everyone - it was on my "top 5" highlights of my trip!

Reviewed 10 August 2012

As someone who cycles in Vancouver regularly, I often ride by or near many of the places this tour stopped, and have rarely paid any attention to the public art nearby. The guides were very well-versed not only in the origins of the art but a lot of the urban issues surrounding them, and had a lot of insight on the context of the pieces. It was a fun and unique way to experience the city and its art! Highly recommended for locals and tourists alike.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Went with a couple of friends on a balmy Wednesday night and thoroughly enjoyed the professional, safe guidance of knowledgeable Astrid. Came back with more things to notice and enjoy when I next pedal around the seawall on my own, or guiding my visitors. Recommended, very enjoyable.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I'm a local and decided to check this tour out after reading about it in the paper. I love going on bike tours when I'm abroad so I thought this would be a really great activity to do at home. Unlike many Vancouverites, I'm not entirely confident on a bike, but this tour sticks to the seawall which made it much more enjoyable for me. Carol Ann and Katie were our guides and took such great care of us. They are knowledgable, friendly and patient (it was a very busy night on the seawall) and truly made it a fantastic experience for all of us. We not only got a great bike ride in, but learned so much about the public art around us, some of which I'd never even noticed. I don't love it all visually, but I certainly have much more of an understanding and appreciation for the significance, history and location of these pieces. I would highly recommend this tour for locals and tourists alike. For locals, it's a great and affordable way to get out on a nice evening for some exercise and education, and for tourists, the tour covers so much ground and the best spots in the city, so it's the perfect way to make the most of your limited time here.