“Totally different perspective on the city!”
Review of Art Wheelers - CLOSED

Art Wheelers
Reviewed 10 August 2012

As someone who cycles in Vancouver regularly, I often ride by or near many of the places this tour stopped, and have rarely paid any attention to the public art nearby. The guides were very well-versed not only in the origins of the art but a lot of the urban issues surrounding them, and had a lot of insight on the context of the pieces. It was a fun and unique way to experience the city and its art! Highly recommended for locals and tourists alike.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Went with a couple of friends on a balmy Wednesday night and thoroughly enjoyed the professional, safe guidance of knowledgeable Astrid. Came back with more things to notice and enjoy when I next pedal around the seawall on my own, or guiding my visitors. Recommended, very enjoyable.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I'm a local and decided to check this tour out after reading about it in the paper. I love going on bike tours when I'm abroad so I thought this would be a really great activity to do at home. Unlike many Vancouverites, I'm not entirely confident on a bike, but this tour sticks to the seawall which made it much more enjoyable for me. Carol Ann and Katie were our guides and took such great care of us. They are knowledgable, friendly and patient (it was a very busy night on the seawall) and truly made it a fantastic experience for all of us. We not only got a great bike ride in, but learned so much about the public art around us, some of which I'd never even noticed. I don't love it all visually, but I certainly have much more of an understanding and appreciation for the significance, history and location of these pieces. I would highly recommend this tour for locals and tourists alike. For locals, it's a great and affordable way to get out on a nice evening for some exercise and education, and for tourists, the tour covers so much ground and the best spots in the city, so it's the perfect way to make the most of your limited time here.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

This tour shows some of the best of Vancouver. It combined my two interests, bicycling and art. The route is easy as it follows the virtually all flat waterfronts in Vancouver, which are incredibly scenic. The tour is good because the information given covers the history of why the city commisions the sculptures, and they are site specific to the history of the spot. Even though i have grown up in Vancouver, i did not know this art history of our public sculptures. I now appreciate these sculptures that are not of the stunning, beautiful type, (well, except for the spectaculare 'A-Mazing-Laughter' one) but are meaningful to Vancouver..Because of this, I think this would be an excellent tour for a tourist visiting Vancouver. It is also great for long time Vancouverites because of all the recent changes in the areas of the city. (I had no idea there is a beach/mini forest island off of the Olympic Village). You will really get a feel for the city's roots. It was lovely seeing all the people enjoying themselves in numerous ways, including the large Hawaii dance troupe practicing their hula moves, and the hilarious pampered dogs being transported on bikes... The tour guide was very well spoken and knew her subject. The two women conducting the tour were very attentive. I was amazed that when I inconveniently got a flat tire, one of the guides actually insisted that I continue on with her bike, while she walk my bike to the end of the tour where she did meet us. What service! This tour was worth the 20.00., which goes to a youth charity.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My wonderful friend surprised me with this tour as part of my birthday evening out. I am so glad she did! I was a tourist in my own town as I had never been along this route and had never even noticed some of the amazing art sculptures and displays before while driving by. It was a beautiful evening, an easy, pleasant ride and it makes me appreciate living in this diverse city even more. Thank you Carol Ann and Katie (and Anne!) for a great experience!