“Great Find”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Granville Street
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

While in Vancouver I, cleverly used TA, to help me find a local Japanese spot. First place I selected was booked till to late, the second was too expensive the third... just right. The restaurant was about a 5m walk from our hotel; the food was excellent; we had a magic dragon roll, a TST sashimi plate and then for desert more salmon sashimi. Could not have been better/fresher. And fairly reasonably priced; wait staff were very friendly and attentive - beer was very cold!

Reviewed 11 September 2018

I was taken here one evening by some friends while we were filming in Vancouver. A ver unassuming storefront. Once we got to the table and looked at the menu and Sake list we knew we were in for a treat. Our waitress was uber knowledgable about Sake and years and filtration, so we started there. Some of the BEST sake I'm ever sampled and I am a Sushi efficienado. Once the food started coming out, everyone at the table was ohhing and ahhing at the flavors and textures. This is a must eat place if you appreciate good sushi, good service and Japanese Whiskey.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Found this restaurant by chance while out looking for somewhere to eat, only a few blocks from our hotel. It seemed busy with people standing outside waiting for tables but within 15mins of giving our name & waiting outside, we were sitting at a table with menus in our hands. The food is excellent, lovely brown rice sushi, tempura veg & a variety of rolls with good portions. We had just arrived in Vancouver & were very hungry & this place was just what we needed. Really nice, tasty food with great staff & nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

They offer brown rice sushi which is a nice healthier alternative although I still prefer the regular rice. Small location but always busy.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We had an excellent meal at Shizenya. We happened upon it as it was close to our hotel and said they had gluten free items. They had several gluten free options, the service was good, and we enjoyed everything we had. My husband tried a couple of different rolls...spicy salmon and Sakura blossom. Both were good. I enjoyed the gluten free beef teriyaki.