“Group Special Event, highly recommend, first class dining experience ”

Hawksworth Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 3,566 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: USD 24 - USD 39
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Howe Street
Transit: Bus Stops are located on Howe Street and on Georgia. We are also located one block west of the City Centre Canada line station.
Description: A celebration of Vancouver’s cultural diversity and natural environment Hawksworth Restaurant showcases ingredient led, contemporary cuisine that demonstrates the highly skilled technique and relentless drive for perfection that has become Chef David Hawksworth’s trademark.Glamorous and elegant, yet relaxed and welcoming with warm and attentive service, Hawksworth Restaurant is located in the heart of the city at Georgia and Howe Streets within the legendary Rosewood Hotel Georgia.Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with in bar dining menus and its own private room, Hawksworth can deliver an array of dining experiences from power breakfasts to after-work drinks, to formal gala events.
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Special event booking for group of 96 friends, booked half downstairs and half upstairs in the York Room.

Outstanding service, outstanding dishes. Every dish selected had the 'wow' factor.

Don't hesitate the book this restaurant for a group or special event. Brilliant to deal with and very efficient and excellent value for money.

We had mixed shared starters which worked extremely well, halibut or tenderloin for main with mixed shared deserts.

Must visit, great job Hawksworth you under promised but over delivered in every aspect.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,300)

Reviewed 8 September 2016

I always enjoyed their food except my last visits. It is over a year since I dined at this restaurant. I have ordered the caramelized scallops and they served with manila clam, n'duja, fregola, sea asparagus. The sauces are very salty and some of the clams are not cooked well. Not a dish that I will recommend.
I really enjoyed the red wine that is recommended by the wine server, the 700 miles Nappa valley , $65 for 1/2 litre.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

First off, I am not super picky. I enjoy good food, wine and atmosphere.
My husband and had dinner on Saturday at 8 pm, a prime time. We were a little early and escorted to the bar. we each had a drink. The waitress did not even ask if we wanted an appetizer. By the time we could order one, we were seated.

Our server was friendly.

We wanted to order wine and this is where the review becomes poor. The sommelier came over and asked what wine we enjoy. We explained what we usually enjoy;pinto noir and a cab franc, but those choices would not hold up to our entrees ordered. We had ordered a lamb shank and venison.

I explained we prefer a full bodied red; starts out smooth has girth, ends with full complexity, smokey and with a hint of pepper. Sounds easy, right? I was brought flat fruity wine! We did not have a low price range either. I have only sent back wine once in my life. I sent back 3 bottles! All were flat and had no complexity whatsoever.

Finally a second sommelier came out. She brought us 2 more flat wine. I again told her the profile we were looking for. She said that this wasn't what the last sommelier had told her. I again explained our palate. She brought out one that was still bad. The grapes were young and flat. She brought a final bottle out It has some complexity. She had to decanter it about 4 times to even be sufficient for drinking.

At this point I didn't care and just wanted water. I chose it so she would go away. It did not hold up to our meal and was extremely disappointing

Our food was very flavorful, but my lamb was cold.

Perhaps, it was an off night for the chef, and that isn't a big deal.

What is a big deal, was how inept their wine staff was!

If you love wine, AVOID!

1  Thank Serena C
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Our server was superb - extremely attentive, engaging and genuinely interested in us - several stories swapped - food was exemplary and the evening was magnificent - very very enjoyable

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Every aspect is first class. Ambiance, food,mans service. Good selection of dinner choices and an excellent wine list.