“Great place to stay”

Ranked #78 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Victoria, Canada
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stay at this hotel every time I come to Vancouver. It's close to many amenities and great restaurants and shopping. I normally come to Vancouver every couple of months and decided a few years back to give it a try and have been faithful ever since. The staff are friendly, The Morrissey is a great pub and Ginger62 brings in many amazing DJ's. I will agree with some of the feedback, that the noise is loud. However, they always warn me of it, and I'm a heavy sleeper, so I don't mind taking a room over the club. I highly recommend the Ramada if you are looking for a reasonable rate and a place to stay in downtown Vancouver.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Drew674

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Old hotel, very dated interiors, bad lighting in rooms, view from the windows...you are looking at the fire wells, worst part is that it is currently 0150 in the morning and the bass from the clubs has kept me up the past two hours. Front desk can do nothing about it.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Yyzbased

Travellers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Well i had a pre paid visa and for some reason it did'nt want to work when i needed to pay the bill so we could get our room my girl friend and i, so i tryed and tryed with the visa a few times still did'nt work, kinda pissed me off and i felt like an idiot, but this wonderful woman named mihaela did'nt lose her cool at all and gave us an option that worked for everyone and made me smile and happy, she does great at her job and is full of smiles and has a wonderful attitude and great work ethics from what i seen, my girl and i want to thank you for helping us and making our stay every thing that we hoped it would be, hope to return again, thank you mihaela, room 209 march 24 2012.

Room Tip: Just let them do there job.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Adam E
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Just stayed at this hotel for a quick business trip, its in a great location and close to everything that I needed. All in all it was great value for money and the staff were very helpful and professional. Well recommended! I will be back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Josey L
ontario
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed at this property Feb29-March 4th, 2012. The room was clean but very small with two double beds. For someone who is not expecting luxury, but just a place to sleep, this hotel fits the bill. Our room was at the back of the hotel and we had no problem with noise except for Saturday night when there was a group conversing in the hallway, but that could happen anywhere. You require a room key to enter the elevator and I felt very safe in spite of the fact that the hotel is on a major road. The bus stops right outside the door of the hotel and it is just a 5 minute walk to the skytrain station that takes you to the airport. We booked on Hotwire and the hotel would not allow us the complimentary breakfast as a result. We were allowed a bigger room, at our insistence. My husband was able to use the complimentary gym facilities at the gym around the corner. We paid $70/night with Hotwire, but could have booked for $84 directly with the hotel and received the breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family