“A Little Jewel”

Days Inn Vancouver Metro
Ranked #73 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 16 August 2010

This turned out to be an all-round good experience. The hotel is outside the busy downtown, but not all that far to drive to and is right on a bus line if you wanted to use it. It was clean and comfortable and had a beautifully landscaped and maintained courtyard. The continental breakfast room was fine. What was really convenient for us across the street was the laundramat, since we traveled in a Corvette and were limited on luggage, and the Tipper Restaurant had friendly folks who gave us tips on directions and travel as well as a good meal. The hotel staff was also very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
DaysInnMetro, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2010

Dear Value Guest,

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact us at the Hotel .

S. Khan
Days Inn Vancouver Metro

Reviewed 4 July 2010

Hotel is in Chinatown with warnings everywhere about locking up your valuables and Days Inn not being responsible for things stolen. We had no problem with theft the 2 nights that we were there. There is a laundromat right across the street, and also an excellent restaurant called the Bottle Tipper. The room was clean and the garden was beautifully manicured. Check in and out was very quick and easy. I had to pay $4 for a card to use the internet. Cheap rooms and not a very long drive to downtown. Breakfast was decent but very crowded.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Daysinn2075, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2010

Thank you for staying at Days Inn Vancouver Metro and taking time to write a review about your experience at our Hotel.

Reviewed 4 July 2010

I booked with Wyndham. It was a prepaid rate with no possibilty of cancellation no matter what. Fine..... I had my confirmation number with a grand total of x. Got my credit card statement 2 month before my stay. They charged me slithgly more than they should of. I sent them an email asking for an explanation. They didn't even bother answer me.

Give them your credit card and they will charge you the rate they want no matter the rate you agreed on......

I stayed in hundreds of hotels in my life and it's the first time i have a problem like this. I paid it but I will never come back. Rip-off.......

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Curt67

Dear Value Guest,

When you book Advance purchase rate, (which gives you a 20% off of Rate of the day ) it gives you a complete terms , conditions and restrictions before even you finalize your reservation and yes your credit card gets charged on the same day , we are no different then any other franchise, it is entirely up to you to chose the rate best suits you.

S.Khan
GM

Reviewed 22 June 2010

Very unkind staff and manager. Dirty and noisy room. Very far from city center. You can make a better choice!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
DaysInnMetro, Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2010

Dear Guest Thank you for your recent stay with us and bringing your concerns regarding our service level and as General Manager its not acceptable by all means, we are in the service Industry and we should always be polite and provide top notch service, I will bring this issue to all my team member to make sure this will never happened again and I am truly grateful to you for this review.

S.Khan

Reviewed 13 June 2010

I booked 14 days in advance so rate was great. Neighbourhood wasn't "that bad"!! I saw one prostitute in two days. The rooms were cozy, beds and pillows comfy. The restaurant across the street has great food(menu in rooms don't recall the name). The gentleman at the front desk was very kind and helpful.

DaysInnMetro, Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2010

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for you honest review about our property, your comments are valuable for us to improve our day to day service level.

Ragards