“Not worth the money”

Days Inn Vancouver Metro
Ranked #73 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 17 August 2017

None of the front desk staff was friendly. Large gaps between the wall and door, allowing lots of light and noise in. I was afraid to shower, the soap in my bathroom was missing, but there was an open wrapper in the trash. The faucet handles were disgusting. Even with the air blasting it never got cold & it blows straight up to the window. When people roll their luggage on the stone walkway outside the doors it sounds like a car is coming through the walls. Beds aren't that comfortable. It does have a nice size "closet" with a mini fridge. Only nice part of it was the cute garden in the middle.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Vancouver Metro

Reviewed 13 August 2017

No amenities! One sample shampoo and a shower cap, small square of soap for two.
Bugs on the ceiling, one found its way into my computer bag. The sheer curtains were slashed and when I called to ask for a good local pizza, I was told to google it myself!
WAY TOO MANY stairs, so if you like to stay in shape, it's great...I could feel the room vibrate with every step taken around the room...I would NEVER stay here again...I'm afraid I may have brought bugs home with me...ugh

Room Tip: If you need accessibility you must stay on lowest floor, not wheelchair friendly at all
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2017

The hotel is actually quite nice. The room we had was large, with a fridge, microwave and two queen beds. New faux wood flooring was great! Bathroom and linens were clean.

The interior garden is a nice touch, too - all doors face it, which helps keep the noise down.

My only problem was the price - we booked somewhat late, and ended up having to pay $350! For a Days Inn, that was a $25 taxi ride from downtown! Also, not many taxis are around that area, so we waited 30 minutes before finally hailing one out on the street (at 9:30pm). There is plenty of Korean and Vietnamese food in the area, and a great little Canadian pub named Tippers across the street, but you won't find any nighttime entertainment anywhere around.

My advice - pay the extra $30-$40 and stay downtown. You'll have many more options and save that money back in the cab rides.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I am glad that you enjoyed your room. My suggestion to all guests is to make your reservation as early as you can, the price will be less expensive. Thank you, Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Spent 5 nights in July over a weekend. Reception desk manager was friendly, we arrived early afternoon, with little wait on a Thursday.

We received a room on the 2nd floor. No elevator, so if you have a lot of luggage, stay on the 1st floor. Our room faced the drive-thru of McDonalds. If muffled noise from car engines and the drive thru speaker bothers you, ask for a room on the other side of the motel. At night, the curtain facing McDonalds should be longer, since outdoor lighting crept in under the curtains.

Room had two double beds with adequate space. Room features look updated, like the beds, wall decorations, flat screen TV, small desk, and drawers. However, they should have finished upgrading. Closet had an old ironing board and could tell the closet had been painted over. Refrigerator could barely chill anything. Bathroom tiles look old, and can see old radiator pipes hidden in the walls. No screen on window, so flies can get in. Room has a wooden floor that looked old. Free Wifi worked in room. Regarding soundproofing, I heard loud noises in the inner courtyard. Overall, though, motel is quiet.

Housekeeping had pluses and minuses. When we left clothes or my son's stuffed toys in the bed, the housekeeper neatly placed it on top of the bed. However, 3 out of 5 nights, we were short on face towels and one floor towel. Management was efficient and gave us towels upon request.

Breakfast in the basement was simple. Toast, bagels, cereals, packaged oatmeal, yogurt, boiled eggs already shelled, fruit, milk, OJ, apple juice, and coffee. Busy on the weekend, but we always managed to get a seat.

Motel is within 30-40 minutes to major tourist sites. Less than 15 minutes to downtown without traffic. Barely used a half-tank of gas for 6 days. While parking is free, signs on the outside of the motel warn about protecting your car from theft. Narrow entrance to parking lot from Kingsway, better to enter the back of lot from the side street.

Overall, a decent stay. However, I felt the room rates in summer are too high for this quality of motel. Perhaps in the off-season we would stay here again, but for peak season, I might want to spend more money for a higher quality hotel.

Room Tip: Room not on the side facing McDonalds may be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write your review, Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Had to book this place due to sudden plan to Vancouver and I'll say that wasn't a good decision, but lack of choice. Front desk lady was very friendly and got my room ready pretty quickly. The room wasn't very clean and the odor wasn't pleasant. The floor was kinda sticky. Morning breakfast was just for namesake. Wifi sucks. Fortunately, the room had good sound insulation and I had good sleep. Next time, Personally I'd look for some other place.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends