All reviews peak room beach room mountain room garden suite west end robson street stanley park day bed b and b freshly baked cookies tree lined street breakfast was delicious within walking distance quiet neighborhood each morning home away from home downtown vancouver
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We stayed in The Garden Room at the Barclay House for 5 days and loved it really much. The room is very comfortable, clean and had complimentary cookies every day! But even better than the rooms is the delicious breakfast which is served in the living room every morning. Also Dennis' great advice where to go, where to eat and what to do were very helpful! There was no question he couldn't answer. We liked the Barclay House that much, that we decided to stay there for 2 others nights in The Hideaway with the jacuzzi at the end of our trip.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sw_201008
Reviewed 26 July 2010

My 20 year old daughter and I stayed at Barclay House from 19th-22nd July for a 3 day break after visiting family in the Gulf Islands. From the moment of our arrival and the welcome cocktails to our departure 3 days later nothing was too much trouble for JJ, Dennis and all the staff.
We had booked the Peak room and were very impressed by the quality of the room; we particularly enjoyed the cookies each evening! The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in! The breakfasts were wonderful and filling. JJ's great advice about where to go, eat and what to do meant that we didn't waste precious time wandering around lost. The free internet and car parking were a great bonus too.
Our flight back home left at 8pm and we were able to keep our room till 2pm so that we could shower and change. Dennis also went over and above the call of duty by providing a bucket and hot water so that I could wash my filthy car before returning it to the rental desk.

I will certainly stay here again, I cannot ever imagine wanting to stay in a hotel in Vancouver when such a fantastic alternative exists.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank lizzzie48
Reviewed 8 July 2010

My granddaughter and I stayed at the Barclay House from June 18, to June 24th, 2010. We so enjoyed the stay. The staff, Dennis and Art were most accomodating--very friendly, very helpful, very pleasant. My review deals with JJ, who I understand is the manager of this B&B. We not once saw him or talked with him. I expected to be greeted by him upon our arrival. I expected him to share with us the "why's and where's" of the city. I have stayed at many B&B's and been given the information I needed or wanted.

You are very fortunate to have Dennis and Art as "co-manager's". I was greeted by Art and given all that I wanted at the time. Dennis was wonderful....greeting the guests at every breakfast and very helpful and pleasant.

My husband called and talked to JJ. He ordered flowers to be in the room upon my arrival. JJ said there would be no trouble and that he would do that. I NEVER got the flowers nor an apology.

I would recommend the Barclay House. Dennis and Art made our stay very enjoyable.

JoAl and Nicole Fyten

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We just returned from a 7-day visit. Dennis and JJ are congenial and helpful, particularly in finding your way around Vancouver, which we loved. They have superb recommendations for lunch and dinner. You wouldn't want to be anywhere other than the Barclay House for breakfast served from 8-9:30 (to 10 on weekends). Not overdone, but very balanced. Fresh fruit every day, a fresh baked item (loved the sticky bun), and an egg dish, ranging from benedict to quesadilla. All delicious and a delightful way to begin the day. Sitting on the porch in comfortable chairs, reading/relaxing after a day of sightseeing was perfect. Our room (Beach Room) was in the front overlooking Barclay St. which is a pretty tree-lined quiet street, only 2 blocks from busy not-to-be-missed Robson St. Also an easy walk to Stanley Park. Just want to mention Dennis again because he truly does make this a special experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bagadonuts
Reviewed 16 June 2010

Yes, Barclay House has the perfect location for your stay in Vancouver with the refined homey atmosphere you hope for in a Bed and Breakfast. What sets it apart is the overall level of service which is sophisticated without being stuffy or intrusive. Whatever your style of travel, you will find the staff have the level of experience and knowledge to accommodate your questions and your needs effortlessly. Trust that the breakfast cuisine and service will be divine. You will be able to see what you want to see and do what you want to do while being pampered; but more importantly, you will feel truly at ease, relaxed and comfortable. You will come away feeling refreshed and deeply satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple