Our family of 2 adults, 1 teen & 1 child stayed 5 nights at Rosedale's, located at the Sth-Eastern end of the city. Robson St is a main street that runs the length of the city SE to NW. Rosedale's is located at the quieter end of Robson St (unless the Canucks are playing ice hockey at the nearby stadium!), but there are plenty of small convenience stores, Asian restaurants and cafes located nearby. Noticed a few homeless people on the streets at this end of town but they don't hassle you. Retail shopping is better at the other end of Robson St, which is also near Stanley Park (a 20 min walk from Rosedale's).
We were very happy with the hotel - good location, very comfortable and helpful service - ideal for families and anyone who doesn't want to pay top dollar. There are 21 floors and we requested a Family Suite with a view and were given a suite on the 14th Flr, which we were very happy with. The 2 bedrooms had floor-to-ceiling windows with great views of the city. The rooms are very comfortably furnished (not overly new or modern, but well maintained), though after 3 nights, I did start to find the bed a little uncomfortable, it is quite firm. Bedroom drapes provide good block-out, something I am particular about. Bedrooms are quiet except for occasional emergency vehicle sirens during the night.
Main bedroom is a good size and with a Queen bed, however 2nd bedroom is a little cramped with 2 Single beds. Both rooms have large built-in robes, chest of drawers, small desk with chair, small flatscreen TV, bedside tables with lamps.
The lounge/kitchenette area is triangular-shaped, containing a couch & lounge chair, small desk & chair, coffee table, small flatscreen TV on a chest of drawers. Lots of lamps for ambient lighting. Kitchenette is basic - a benchtop with sink, small oven, small fridge, microwave, basic crockery, glassware & cutlery (OK for breakfast, not much else). Have to pay for WiFi, $5 for 24hrs (many cafes & restaurants have free WiFi).
Bathroom is fine, a little small: bath (shower in bath), toilet, wide benchtop with basin (no drawers). Hotel toiletries: Shampoo, Conditioner, Soap, Body Lotion - good quality - we were given ample of each item. My only criticism is that the hairdryer urgently need updating, its airflow was weak & barely warm - hopeless! Rooms cleaned daily & towels replaced.
Lobby: 3 spacious elevators. Lobby staff all very friendly & helpful, particularly Andrew at Tourist Info desk. Restrooms in Lobby near Rosie's Restaurant are very clean.
The hotel has a very nice British-style restaurant (Rosie's Restaurant & Bar) located at Ground Level, it has a pleasant ambience, great food, excellent value and free Wi-Fi. However, it is very popular with ice hockey fans before the game starts and can get quite busy & noisy. However, service was great and the ice hockey fans quickly clear out early evening.
Our family thoroughly enjoyed staying at Rosedale's and dining at Rosie's, we highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the entertainment and sports district, the Rosedale on Robson Suite Hotel offers you comfort and relaxation, with water and mountain views, in a perfect central location. We are a very short walking distance to Rogers Arena, BC Place, the Queen Elizabeth Theatre, the Westside Church, and historic Yaletown, Gastown, Chinatown.Discover fabulous shops and cafes along the way. Choose from our array of one and two bedroom suites with 2 doubles, queen-size and/or king-size beds. Every suite offers the comforts of home with fully equipped galley kitchens for people who love to have that convenience. Need to stay connected? You can access WiFi throughout the hotel. Need to relax? Enjoy our indoor lap pool and whirlpool or find a touch of nature in our second floor garden terrace. Fitness on your mind? The poolside lobby fitness area has treadmills and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Odigeo and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Rosedale on Robson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosedale Robson
- Rosedale On Robson Hotel Vancouver
- Rosedale On Robson Vancouver
- Rosedale Hotel Vancouver