“Disappointing ”

Executive Inn Express Richmond
Executive Inn Express Richmond
Ranked #85 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Been to this hotel many times over the years and this time around made me rethink ever coming back again..

- Made a reservation over the phone, when we got to the hotel the desk clerk said there was no reservation and that whoever was on the phone with us did not do their job and put the reservation into the computer

- The restaurant was closed when we visited so I asked the front desk if they recommend another one close by and their response " Go to McDonalds or something , it's not our problem "

- Bed in hotel room was barely made , sheets just thrown on , nothing tucked in.. lazy housekeeping

- TV in hotel room didn't work , called front desk to have someone look at it and they never came

Overall a disappointing stay , must be poor management or decline in staff.... either way I won't be a continuing customer anymore

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

the staff make this hotel. They are extremely helpful. I did not try the pool or spa, and the rooms are basic. We used one of the restaurants and again staff were wonderful. the Tv had pay movies available but we couldn't find how to use basic Tv. we used the shuttle to and from the airport and it was very efficient.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Kd68Cairns_Australia
Reviewed 14 September 2015

My girlfriend and I stayed at the hotel while attending a weekend seminar there. The rooms are small and basic. Rooms were clean. The heating didn't work properly (couldn't change the temperature) and it wasn't fixed until after the first night which made the night very uncomfortable for us. But it was fixed by noon the next day. Some of the furniture was chipped and in poor condition (night table didn't close properly etc.) Beds were fairly comfortable and there is a kettle for boiling hot water for tea (bonus!). Pillows needed replacing. All in all it was a so-so experience. Staff was as helpful as they could be.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The staff is the best thing about this hotel. They are friendly and helpful. The day manager really went out of his way to get us a room at 1100 when check in is at 1600.

Unfortunately it stops there. The rooms are very small. Their idea of a handicap room is a few handicap grab bars. No roll in shower, even worse a bathtub with a shower in it. I had to get my wife to lift my legs over the tub. I had to stand in pain while my wife washed me.
I use a very small travel scooter and it hardly fit in the room much less was it able to be used in the room. I use an oxygen consertrator. When it was delivered it took up the rest of the room between the two beds.

Not at all suitable for the handicapped.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arthur K
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed here for about 3 nights. Booked via Expedia indicating 4 adults.

Shuttle service was fantastic. Check-in was a breeze and we were quickly up to our rooms.

Clean rooms, decent A/C. However upon check-out we were charged an extra 60 bucks per person or some sort for 2 adults, even when Expedia booking indicated 4 adults.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sudosandwich
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vancouver
Bridgeport
Holiday Inn Express Vancouver Airport

Been to Executive Inn Express Richmond? Share your experiences!