See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

the staff make this hotel. They are extremely helpful. I did not try the pool or spa, and the rooms are basic. We used one of the restaurants and again staff were wonderful. the Tv had pay movies available but we couldn't find how to use basic Tv. we used the shuttle to and from the airport and it was very efficient.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Kd68Cairns_Australia
Reviewed 14 September 2015

My girlfriend and I stayed at the hotel while attending a weekend seminar there. The rooms are small and basic. Rooms were clean. The heating didn't work properly (couldn't change the temperature) and it wasn't fixed until after the first night which made the night very uncomfortable for us. But it was fixed by noon the next day. Some of the furniture was chipped and in poor condition (night table didn't close properly etc.) Beds were fairly comfortable and there is a kettle for boiling hot water for tea (bonus!). Pillows needed replacing. All in all it was a so-so experience. Staff was as helpful as they could be.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The staff is the best thing about this hotel. They are friendly and helpful. The day manager really went out of his way to get us a room at 1100 when check in is at 1600.

Unfortunately it stops there. The rooms are very small. Their idea of a handicap room is a few handicap grab bars. No roll in shower, even worse a bathtub with a shower in it. I had to get my wife to lift my legs over the tub. I had to stand in pain while my wife washed me.
I use a very small travel scooter and it hardly fit in the room much less was it able to be used in the room. I use an oxygen consertrator. When it was delivered it took up the rest of the room between the two beds.

Not at all suitable for the handicapped.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arthur K
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed here for about 3 nights. Booked via Expedia indicating 4 adults.

Shuttle service was fantastic. Check-in was a breeze and we were quickly up to our rooms.

Clean rooms, decent A/C. However upon check-out we were charged an extra 60 bucks per person or some sort for 2 adults, even when Expedia booking indicated 4 adults.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sudosandwich
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We arrived at the hotel to find that there had been a mistake in the reservation. Susan, the young woman who checked us in, was very efficient and we were soon sorted out. We got an 'upgrade' to a suite in the older part of the hotel. The first thing we noticed was the room had been prepped for one person. There was one cup and one bathrobe. We also notice that while there was a toaster there was no microwave or kettle. When we asked the front desk we were told that the upgrade room did not come with a microwave. We did get some extra cups but that was it. Since neither my husband or I drink coffee we went out and purchased a kettle. The room was dated as was much of the furniture in the hotel. (at least in the part we stayed in) I tried to find a couch to sit on while the room was being cleaned. The one near Ballroom A was saggy so I went elsewhere. I soon found two more couches past the elevators. One was saggy but the second one was ok. We found the people who worked at the hotel to be very pleasant. The restaurants were relatively pricey. The hot water was also very chancy. We both noticed that the shower ran hot and cold. My biggest complaint was the balcony. In the section we were in the balconies were covered in pigeon droppings. We were unable to go out on the balcony due to the mess.

Room Tip: A room away from Westminster highway would be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple