See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The staff is the best thing about this hotel. They are friendly and helpful. The day manager really went out of his way to get us a room at 1100 when check in is at 1600.

Unfortunately it stops there. The rooms are very small. Their idea of a handicap room is a few handicap grab bars. No roll in shower, even worse a bathtub with a shower in it. I had to get my wife to lift my legs over the tub. I had to stand in pain while my wife washed me.
I use a very small travel scooter and it hardly fit in the room much less was it able to be used in the room. I use an oxygen consertrator. When it was delivered it took up the rest of the room between the two beds.

Not at all suitable for the handicapped.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arthur K
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed here for about 3 nights. Booked via Expedia indicating 4 adults.

Shuttle service was fantastic. Check-in was a breeze and we were quickly up to our rooms.

Clean rooms, decent A/C. However upon check-out we were charged an extra 60 bucks per person or some sort for 2 adults, even when Expedia booking indicated 4 adults.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sudosandwich
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We arrived at the hotel to find that there had been a mistake in the reservation. Susan, the young woman who checked us in, was very efficient and we were soon sorted out. We got an 'upgrade' to a suite in the older part of the hotel. The first thing we noticed was the room had been prepped for one person. There was one cup and one bathrobe. We also notice that while there was a toaster there was no microwave or kettle. When we asked the front desk we were told that the upgrade room did not come with a microwave. We did get some extra cups but that was it. Since neither my husband or I drink coffee we went out and purchased a kettle. The room was dated as was much of the furniture in the hotel. (at least in the part we stayed in) I tried to find a couch to sit on while the room was being cleaned. The one near Ballroom A was saggy so I went elsewhere. I soon found two more couches past the elevators. One was saggy but the second one was ok. We found the people who worked at the hotel to be very pleasant. The restaurants were relatively pricey. The hot water was also very chancy. We both noticed that the shower ran hot and cold. My biggest complaint was the balcony. In the section we were in the balconies were covered in pigeon droppings. We were unable to go out on the balcony due to the mess.

Room Tip: A room away from Westminster highway would be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy B
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed here for a quick one night say before returning to China. The rooms were decent, quiet and the beds were comfortable. A very average room. The phones were surprisingly difficult to operate. I kept trying numberous times to dial out and reverse the charges. After calling the front desk for help he said he would do it for me. After the call the front desk attendent called my room and said I did it wrong and he would have to charge me long distance for the call. I went to discuss it with him and he said he had called the telephone company and had the issue resolved. He said this happened all the time. This was the only annoying part of the stay. Beyond that, I was satisfied. There is a Starbucks and Subway just 10 minutes west of the hotel which made for convenient breakfast on my morning trip out.

The best part was the location and free shuttle to the hotel. The shuttle was a little late and it was rather cold out, beind December, but I was fortunatly prepared with a jacket. The driver was VERY helpful and since I was the only one on the bus we had a nice conversation on the 15 minute ride to the hotel.

For a quick one night trip, I would recommend this hotel. The price is right and the comfort level is what you would expect for the price.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Suprised to hear that this place is closing down and becoming a senior adult living center ! Stayed here in August 2012 for a few days vacation. Convenient to the public transportation line, night market, and the large casino. Costco was also right across the street.

Check in was friendly with a small check-in desk. We stayed on the 3rd floor, but found that it was quicker to take the stairs instead of waiting for the elevator. Rooms are spaced out along the perimeter of the hotel and the courtyard was open in the middle of the building.

Rooms were a bit dated, but adequate and clean. Beds were comfortable. We asked for a shower cap and the front desk was able to supply this. We actually used the shower cap to wrap the remote control in since it's the most bacterial laden item in any hotel room.

Breakfast was complimentary and consisted of coffee, orange juice, toast, eggs, and sausage, served in their restaurant. Great value for the budget traveler! Kind of sad to see it go.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family