4,243 results
All reviews great location burrard station balcony room tim hortons canada place shower head the club lounge drug store within walking distance stanley park high floor heart of downtown per day convention center few blocks rooms are large king bed
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Here on a quick business trip with hubby. We arrived with reservations for a king bed with a request for a quiet room because both my husband and I are light sleepers.

We were given a handicap room on the 6th floor overlooking the pool. Right now I'm listening to a very robust group of children screaming and playing in the pool immediately outside my window. Kids will be kids, but hotels of this caliber need to heed their guests requests - this is anything but a quiet location. All night long we laid awake and listened to the bustle of the city, including loud trucks, motorcycles and the rest of city noise that one would expect a meager 6 floors off of a major traffic route.

Over the years of traveling both for business and vacation, I have been assigned a handicap room at least 5 times,even though neither my husband nor myself have physical limitations - usually, its because the hotel overbooked its rooms. On each occasion, I have noticed that these rooms are typically not maintained to the standards of the rest of the hotel and very neglected in terms of maintenance and comfort - which is very sad because this genre of travelers need the best accommodations. This room is no exception. The bed is very worn and has numerous pockets of valleys and hills. My shoulder and lower back are very sore given the severe wear and tear this mattress has been subjected to. Seriously, this mattress hasn't been changed in some time.

Here, the bathroom is wheelchair friendly, which translates into the shower sharing the same floor level as the rest of the bathroom. There are 2 drains in the bathroom. One in the shower and once just before the sink. Although there are drains, the water from the shower avoids them. The end result is that in order to use a hair dryer or other electrical device, you are standing in water or you have to cross a pool of water to use the toilet- yikes!!! This situation is known the cleaning crew because the wall paper is peeling off the wall just outside the shower area.

The suspended sink is loose and I predict that with little effort, it will fall off the wall.

This location is not of Hyatt standards, much less at this cost per night.

I understand that requests for bed type and location are not "guaranteed" but at this point when hotels demands your credit card at booking, it should make every effort to inform you that the type of room you have requested may not be available due to existing booking requests at the time you make the reservation -- not when you show up at the lobby requesting a room for a reservation that is over a month old. With today's technology, there is no excuse for this bait and switch. The hotel reservation office has an excellent idea of their bookings and what type of rooms are in high demand for any given date. That information should be disclosed before you surrender your credit card for a reservation.

Please avoid at all costs - Hyatt is not trustworthy.

Room Tip: Just avoid the hotel - go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Meadowlark1959
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Meadowlark1959,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am very disappointed to hear of your experience and would like to assure you that your experience is not up to our high standards. I would appreciate it if you can reach out to me directly at brandi.lasanen@hyatt.com so I may address your concerns regarding your visit.

Warm Regards,
Brandi

Reviewed 22 June 2018

I've stayed at this Hyatt a few times throughout the years and am always satisfied with the facility and especially the services by the staff. On this occasion Sara the VIP manager was especially thoughtful to ensure that the we were taken care of by the front desk folks when checking in. This hotel location is very good too in the middle of downtown Vancouver, and the Capilano Bridge free shuttle bus stops here is a plus. Quirky elevator system but was all good. The king Bed is super comfy for sure.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Rooms are outdated fit and finish having to stand in a tubs for a shower in their upgraded rooms. Tubs have no grab bars.

Room service breakfast consisted of rotten and not ripe fruit and a coffee for $50

Service was inattentive at best. My previous Vancouver stay at the Fairmont pacific rim was much better for about the same, $2000 for 3 nights!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear njcg,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I understand that our Assistant Director of Operations has been in contact with you regarding your concerns. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you visit Vancouver.

Warm Regards,
Brandi

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Stayed at Hyatt Regency Vancouver for a business trip. It was an excellent location with a wonderful elevator system (very efficient, choose your floor and it tells you which elevator to wait by - avoids having to stop every floor). The staff were very helpful and friendly (e.g., tried to help save us some money on parking costs, brought up requests immediately rather than having us wait all night). The room was very clean and well-maintained. Sheets/towels were clean. Was a little unnerved finding a small toothpaste box on the floor of the bathroom (not sure if it was accidentally left by cleaning staff or floor not checked for cleanliness). We found that the view and location were excellent - easy to walk everywhere. Only frustration we had was the last day when we had a late checkout and twice our keys did not work (thankfully the front desk told us to call using house phone by the elevator and security immediately came up to assist). Otherwise, an excellent stay.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, it was nice with the balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Our family spent 2 nights at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver. It was wonderful!!! Our room was newly renovated, CLEAN and crisp and we had spectacular reviews from the 28th floor. We could not have asked for a better location! Brandi Lasanen sent us the nicest welcome any hotel has ever given us...., Chocolate cake, prosecco and specialty root beers to celebrate our two daughters’ high school and college graduations. The hotel was convenient to everything!!! If we ever get back to Vancouver, we will stay at the Hyatt!!

Stayed: June 2018